TV on its way out. Whats the best TV for ST integration

@bobbles - Before you take my input, know the following.

1 - I’m from the US, so I don’t know much about UK vs US capabilities. I travel to the UK often, it’s a nice place. Mostly London and Manchester areas.

2 - I don’t have cable. Every one of my TVs have a roku attached and that is how I watch TV.

3 - I have a lot of TVs. I watch them a lot. Of the 8 I have, 6 are Samsung and 2 are Sony.

Now that you know that…

The only TV I have that integrates directly with SmartThings is my brand new 49" Samsung UN49MU8000 that I use to display my security camera in my kitchen.

What does it do with SmartThings? Well, I can turn it on / off without a wall wart or harmony integration. You can also adjust picture mode and volume. That is about it right now (without harmony). Given that I just use it for cameras this is perfect. It is on all day when we are home and not sleeping. I have automations that turn it on / off as we come and go as well as when we go to bed. Now that I don’t have to use the wall wart to turn it on / off I am considering making it a little more intelligent based on motion detected by by kitchen and dining room motion sensors.

I should also note that you can send the TV notification via CoRE.

Adding it to SmartThings was super easy. It took me about 2 minutes. No hacks. I just picked the Samsung Home products from the market place and it found it.

What specifically do you want to do?

2 Likes