TUYA Wifi Light Integration?

None of mine show up :frowning: support says they are having problems with the integrationā€¦ :frowning:

Globe Suite pulled the integration yesterday. They say it was only released to the public by accident. They say they hope to have it live again officially ā€œnearā€ or in January. Time will tellā€¦

2 Likes

the integration is now up again please let everyone know

1 Like

Iā€™ve come across Tuya/Smart Life and keen to buy a bulb and maybe plug socket. Can I assume from this thread there is a fully functional integration with Smartthings now?

Unfortunately, no. During the original beta release, globe suite allowed you to add devices of many different brands as long as they all worked with the smartlife app. Once the integration went into production, though, they locked it down so now it only works with globe suite brand devices.

On top of that, Tuya just announced this week that they will be ending the IFTTT integration at the end of May. :disappointed_relieved:

Smartlife -> IFTTT integration to end on May 26, 2020

So for the present time, I would assume no integration with smartthings.

1 Like

Oh. Sounded too good to be true! So I need to look for Globe Electric smart devices specifically?

Any other recommendations for reasonably priced WiFi or z-wave bulbs that donā€™t require a hub or bridge?

All zwave or zigbee devices will require at least a SmartThings hub, is that what you were asking? Most wonā€™t require an additional bridge.

One of the most popular inexpensive zigbee bulbs is the tradfri line from IKEA. These work well with smartthings and are available in many countries. They may say they need their own gateway, but they donā€™t: you would use them with the smartthings hub instead. These do not require custom code.

https://www.smartthings.com/products/-/filter/brands/ikea

In the US, The white only dimmable IKEA bulbs will sell for less than $10 each when purchased directly from IKEA, but can cost much more from other retailers. :sunglasses:

Sorry yes I meant I didnā€™t want to have to buy another hub in addition to my Smartthings one. I didnā€™t realise the IKEA bulbs can work with the ST hub so Iā€™ll look into those although my house is almost entirely z wave so zigbee not ideal but isnā€™t a deal breaker.

1 Like

The Ikea bulbs are excellent zigbee repeaters so it wonā€™t matter that you donā€™t have other Zigbee devices, you should still have a strong network as long as they are close enough to each other and one is close enough to the hub. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Globe allows all tuya devices to be seen on Google home thoā€¦ Why not In St too?

1 Like

Just another question on this - Iā€™ve been coming across a lot of mainly Chinese made plugs, bulbs and other smart devices which claim to use the Smart Life platform, this includes Tuya but lots of others as well.

Are we saying these devices cannot be integrated with Smartthings? Just want to know what I should be avoiding and what I can still considerā€¦

Currently, Tuya devices cannot be integrated. I have some Gosund that are no longer of value with Smarthings (I can still control them with Alexa).

cant we do a signed petition to samsung so they integrate the api on samsung smartthings in home assistant it is 4 lines of code cmon people WORK

Oh OK. How do I figure out which of the Chinese brands would integrate with ST and which wonā€™t?

in home assistant every single one of the tuya branded devices work

Sorry what is home assistant?

it is a open source project
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/tuya/

As of late 2019 it is now the responsibility of the device manufacturer to create and maintain the integration. This is why you now see so many new brands listed in the new SmartThings app.

(Note that, as with everything else, the first rule of home automation applies: ā€œthe model number matters.ā€œ just because the brand is listed does not mean that all of its different models will work with the integration. Thatā€™s true even of the big brands like ring and Arlo. You have to drill down or ask the manufacturer to find out which are included.)

If the brand/model you want isnā€™t listed there, then you need to search this forum to see if anybody has designed a custom integration for it.

If itā€™s a Wi-Fi device, you may be able to get a partial integration either with Ifttt or with Amazon Alexa routines. See the FAQ:

FAQ: WIFI Devices in ST? How can I integrate a WiFi or Bluetooth device that isnā€™t on the official compatibility list?

2 Likes

Thanks. I think your recommendation of the Ikea GU10s is best in terms of price and quality for white light. Struggling to find an RGB GU10 for a reasonable price which integrates with Smartthings, hence my question about Chinese ones because loads come up on ebay but Iā€™m not convinced they will integrate and also how well they actually perform.

For UK folks, I wonder what the most popular choice is?

1 Like

i have the ikea gu10 https://www.ikea.com/pt/pt/p/tradfri-lampada-led-gu10-400-lumens-ilum-regulavel-s-fios-espectro-branco-90408603/
the basic ones are weak so I bought the 15 euros ones they work flawlessly with smartthings

I have 90 lights 10 of them are IKEA 5 are xiaomi the rest are tuya so I have to have 5 apps to control lights or use google bought 6 Google homes the smartthings control the automatic lights with Xiaomi aqara sensors they work quite well