Tuya Smart WiFi Zigbee Electricity KWH Meter Din Rail Single Phase AC 110V 240V 50A 63A CT AC Meter App Real Time Monitor Power

Continuing the discussion from [ST Edge] Personal Tuya Devices - Generic EF00 Device:

@w35l3y I’ve done as you asked and install the Smartthings-CLI, can you help me how to make a log to create a driver for the Earu Zigbee power meter?

Tuya Smart Wifi Electricity Kwh Meter | Single Phase Electricity Meter Wifi - Smart - Aliexpress

The link I shared with you is the exact command you need to run the logs.
The CLI has very good docs, so take some time to read it.

Always make sure to select the driver you are debugging. Otherwise, it will output a lot of logs from different drivers.

Here is the steps:

1. Execute the logcat command and filter by the driver “Default Clusters”. If you already are using it with other devices, it is better to use the beta version for debugging. It will make things a lot easier.
  2. Pair the device with the hub. If you already have it paired. Exclude the device before starting the steps.
  3. Interact with the device sensors/actuators. Make sure to take note of everything you did and the time. Use the time shown in the logs as reference.
    For example,
06:09:40 started pairing the device
06:10:23 finished pairing the device
06:10:45 turned off the device
06:11:25 turned on the device
06:12:57 added energized wire in sensor
06:13:45 after adding wire, I can see some metrics being reported in the logs
06:15:12 deenergized wire
06:16:55 energized wire again

Above is just an example. Execute everything you can do with the device physically and take note of everything.
It doesn’t need to be the exact perfect time, but it will help a lot if it is near it when I start reading the logs.
4. Let the logs run for awhile (5 minutes or so) without any interaction. If the device is very chatty, reduce the time to 2 minutes.
5. Stop the logs (ctrl+c), copy it, paste in a file and send it to me.

Also, let me know what is the load used to energize the device connected with wire. Something like, “I am using 220V and the device demands 2A”

2 Likes