TTS with Sonos and CoRE not working

I don’t think it’s any more “sweeping” than the following statements above:

“Other Smart Apps text-to-speech work with Sonos but CoRE does not.
"I can get TTS to work with the Smarthings Smart App, but not Core."
etc…

I’m glad it worked for you but there are obvious issues searching through multiple threads with Core - Sonos using TTS. I’m not the first to suggest it and was just trying to be helpful to the community in bumping it, thanks for your contribution though… A+

What task are you using and more importantly, do you get any errors in the IDE logs? One issue that I am aware of is that ST’s Sonos implementation does not conform with ST’s documentation for playing TTS. While some apps have the liberty to adjust their commands to Sonos to allow them to work, webCoRE is largely device agnostic and can’t make the difference between a Sonos speaker or a Samsung speaker.

After troubleshooting, I resolved the problem and Sonos TTS is working with webCoRE flawlessly (with speakers set as audio notification devices and using both speak text and restore and speak text and resume). I’m not sure about CoRE because I’m looking to move to webCoRE completely so didn’t test.

My fix-- I completely removed my Sonos setup (Sonos app to remove all speakers, ST app to remove all Sonos devices, removed them from my Orbi network) and then reinstalled all the speakers on my network, in Sonos app, and in ST app & webCoRE. I’m perplexed what/why because my Sonos devices were working with default ST TTS previously, but it is working with webCoRE now with pistons firing multiple speakers exactly how I need for audio notifications. I stand corrected by @bobbles and thanks for all the work you’ve done and continue to do @ady624.

1 Like

I hit this thread when I was searching for a solution for the same issue with CORE but with Samsung speakers. It works with ST apps as well as Bigtalker, but not with CORE. Anyone has come across this issue, any resolution?

I am having a similar problem on a custom DTH for a Samsung Soundbar (not supported by the SmartThings integration). Can you identify where the ST Documentation for playing TTS is located or share this documentation? (I have searched the documentation link on the IDE.)