Trigger sound on mobile device

Hi team, I was wondering if there is a way to have a mp3 play on my iPhone/Android device when someone opens a door, or walks past a sensor? And an added feature, to have Alexa run the music.

This is very easy to do with android using LANnouncer. For Alexa, it can also be done just using the Alexa device as a Bluetooth speaker and combining that with LANnouncer, or you can use one of the specific smartapps designed for that purpose like AskAlexa or EchoSistant.

Probably the best thing is to just to check the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki under smartapps for alerts and for voice. That should take you to most of the options. :sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

Hi JDR, Thanks for the info and I will look into the link you provided. However, one, I am an iPhone owner and two, I would like the music to play on my device and or alexa. I will search out a lannouncer for iOS.

Your first post said

iPhone/Android device

So that’s why I mentioned LANnouncer. I don’t know of anything equivalent for iOS because the iPhone, for security reasons, is much pickier about what can be automatically started on the phone.

You could still use one of the Alexa options just for that use.

But you can take a look and see, maybe somebody’s come up with something.

By any chance is your iPhone jail Broken? I don’t do that with my devices, but there are additional options if you do.

No worries - you pointed me in a direction and I used to jailbreak my device. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might also want to talk to the folks in this thread:

For Android (+ Tasker), I’m pretty sure that @joshua_lyon’s “Sharp Tools” might accomplish this.

2 Likes