Trading Zigbee sensors for equivalent Z-Wave sensors

I have these Zigbee things, all of which worked as well as anything does with ST:

• 3x Iris door/contact sensors. 2 are 6 months old, 1 2 months old.
  • 1 of the new Iris motion sensors, the tiny one. Like 2 months old. (SPOKEN FOR)
  • Iris Keypad, usually referred to as “Centralite”. It connected to ST, but I could never get it to do a damn thing.6 months old, most of that time with the battery out.
  • SmartSense Motion, 2 years old, been plugged into USB power the whole time. I think this is the original one that came with Hub V1. (SPOKEN FOR)

Interested in trading these for their equivalent UNPAIRED Z-wave counterparts.

Not interested in that Monoprice door/contact sensor that’s huge.

I think it’s fair to say the SmartSense Motion is roughly equivalent to the Fibaro motion sensor.

I’d also trade for a Z-wave illuminance sensor.

If someone can do all of this in one deal, I’ll throw in what may be a re-settable SmartSense Door/Contact sensor, also about 2 years old. It stopped working for me, but it might work for you. I think I can find it.

All of them come with whatever batteries are in them, mostly weird ones.

Trades don’t have to be like for like–I’ll trade a door sensor for a motion sensor, for example. I’ll also consider Hue bridge compatible LIGHTS. No Hue switches.

Please be patient for an initial response, as I don’t frequent this board much anymore.

Thanks!

I edited the category to include the new “deals” category.

I have an Aeon multi (motion, temp, lux) I’d trade for your USB powered Smartsense motion.

As much problems as I’m having with z-wave right now, I would never consider swapping out my ZigBee devices. They are the only things working right now.

well, I STcanned SmartThings, and now my Z-wave stuff works great. But Indigo doesn’t support Zigbee directly.

That totally works for me.

[quote=“mdawson, post:1, topic:44897, full:true”]
…* 3x Iris door/contact sensors. 2 are 6 months old, 1 2 months old.

• 1 of the new Iris motion sensors, the tiny one. Like 2 months old.
  • Iris Keypad, usually referred to as “Centralite”. It connected to ST, but I could never get it to do a damn thing.6 months old, most of that time with the battery out.
  • SmartSense Motion, 2 years old, been plugged into USB power the whole time. I think this is the original one that came with Hub V1. [/quote]

I have some of the GoControl door/window sensors.
I was going to use them for leak sensors, but I can part with a couple in order to trade 1-for-1 with your motion sensors; my 2 GoControl door/window sensors for your two motion sensors (the Iris and the SmartSense ones).

Sorry if I’ve confused types, etc.
Do you have interest in the GoControls?

The Smartsense Motion already has dibs on it.

I could trade the Iris Motion.

1 Like

Done. :slight_smile:
How to?

SmartSense Motion and Iris Motion are spoken for.

Iris Keypad is still an orphan looking for a home.
Iris Door/Window sensors too.

I would also swap for a INSTEON PowerLinc Modem ( 2413U ), or, believe it or not, a USB to Serial RJ25 that will let my Mac talk to an old CM11A X10 interface. Or even a Griffin USB to ADB adapter!

Someone here has a box full of old cables and can help me out, I’m sure.

:digs-through-old-boxes-of-IT-crap-with-one-eye-still-on-forum: (there should be a smiley for that)

1 Like

Yeah really! this is that chance you’ve all been waiting for to say “see honey, there was a reason I didn’t throw this out!”

Do you mean sort of like the cable that comes with some UPSes to connect them to PC?

I looked around, but not certain yet exactly which kind of cable you mean. Got a link?

I’m trying to find exactly one of these cables, but unfortunately we’re in the habit of tossing them out the moment we get them.

alright…i’ll look through my stuff and get back to ya…

Just a shout out here to @sgnihttrams as a trade partner. He and I did a good faith trade of his Z-wave door sensor for my Iris Motion Sensor, and he came through at high speed. My new-to-me sensor is now up and attached to my network.

So if you’re looking for a reference before doing biz with him, he gets 5/5 stars from me. I hope my package gets to him safely!

3 Likes

Thanks, man.

As for the USB-to-Whatever adapter thingy…Geez…I looked around through a few old boxes, and didn’t find it. I just KNOW it’s here somewhere. I will make another run at it sometime today…

1 Like

I have to say I traded with @schapper05 and his stuff arrived today very quickly and as promised!

And now a shout out to @scottinpollock, who traded me an Aeon MultiSensor for a SmartSense MultiSensor.

I hope mine arrived safely, as I got his in the mail today. First Aeon I’ve had, and I quite like the form factor!

And Scott is a trustworthy trade partner. 5/5!

1 Like

As is @mdawson. I received his Smartsense motion sensor yesterday. Haven’t installed it yet, but looks like new.

1 Like