Time based events failing?

The following is an old topic, but you may find something more like what you’re looking for there. If not, some of the people there can probably help.

my mode change has never failed
I have it to change mode after midnight when things quiet down (It fires based on motion first then checks time no scheduling needed I think)

I also have when things start happening after 5:30 am in morning…

actually the mode change failed once… it got flakey and thought my presence sensor came back even though it never showed it leaving and disarmed in the middle of the night… I slightly changed the routine to never fire if in night mode…
Shouldn’t happen again :slight_smile:

Looked at that looking again. but as far as I can tell the smartapps in smartlighting turn on lights after sunset etc do not do polling so this is not relevant… What we need is something to go through the ide urls and check for a time in the past… and alert you because I don’t believe you can fix it directly through the web urls. Basically the same code that smartthings themselves did (if you don’t trust them :wink: ) but not sure we can call the same apis the obviously used.

Ok so this AM my Night Mode never switched to Day So I did it manually via the ST App. All seemed well till this afternoon when I left home. Ten minutes out I get a message saying the mode was changed to Goodbye Night WTH … It is 3PM in the afternoon. Look at the log particularly at the time ands the message.

1 Like

Well, this is one way of stopping the complaints about things not working - don’t let anyone in (http://status.smartthings.com/incidents/zrjkt73d8bfv)!

Seriously though… I don’t have any issues connecting or controlling things remotely. Oh wait… maybe the predictions of California sliding into the ocean came true, and we’re no longer part of north America.

It was fixed before you had a chance to post it on the forum

1 Like

Things worked great when the hotfix that went in, until today. The 3rd party smart apps that use schedule() are failing again.

Typical range after saving settings is it works for a day or two, then stop.

Any more news on this @slagle?

Yeah, just like the fix for the scheduling issues. :wink:

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know that I just signed up on your most frustrating list. My light on motion problems are back, the schedules are not being created properly and my presence sensor went haywire AGAIN!

1 Like

Are you still having issues with scheduling, too?

Problem solved! DO NOT USE …“Turn On and Set Level.” See below link

1 Like

i don’t believe this as I use turn on and set level on two devices. while it doesn’t always work I have no such issues as you describe. There is something more going on than just that…ie

Call it the super bug, it doesn’t affect all of the smart apps at the same time, it has a random pattern BUT once is triggered a lot of things are acting up. Maybe it is coincidental but every time one of my motion activated lights failed to schedule, other things started happening. I think at the root of the problem is a conflict between the local and cloud processing. Do I have the whole picture of what’s happening, no, do I really want to have that picture, no.It is not my job to troubleshoot and discover bugs, but you bet I am happy when my lights work. It’s been 10 frustrating days…

1 Like

Actually, no. I was referring to ST having refrained from posting the time-based failures, etc. as an issue until they had a solution in hand (10 days later). I’m sure the fact that it made them look like heroes was totally coincidental.

Certain scheduled events are still dieing. In both my hubs the weather tile stopped refreshing…till I updated thee smartapp see the following logs.

Good news, everyone!
My “Nobody Home” SmartApp correctly set the modes according to Sunrise/Sunset!
I only had to uninstall and reinstall the Smart App twice. :confused:

Bad news: My Sunrise/Sunset lighting director is still malfunctioning. My lights did not turn off at sunrise.

Slowly things are coming around. At least my house properly arms itself! Lighting is a convenience, but it was a security issue before. :angry:

1 Like

So I thought I could get around the scheduler issue by using the LUX trigger with Smart Light. :frowning: came home in the dark :frowning: didn’t trigger…

Bad news… all my events have failed now.
It doesn’t even switch modes when presence detectors come/go.
Lighting is hosed.
My alarm is going off as I walk around the house.
I give up, SmartThings. I’ll be looking for a replacement system. :cry:

I am sorry to hear this, but I am unfortunately in a similar situation.

There is a new lock sitting on the counter which my housemate is going to install this week. It will not have SmartThings as a controller.

Today my harmony integration failed. Not the echo part of it. But the official harmony logitech triggers smartapp. If I toggle the trigger in the SmartThings mobile app, the log says the activity trigger request was sent to harmony, but the activity never fires.

However, I can fire the same activity from the Harmony mobile app or the
Harmony remote or an IFTTT Do button and it all works fine. Echo toggles the associated virtual switch fine. And the same triggers worked fine last night in SmartThings. But I woke up this morning and it’s not working.

I have five sensors which I use for notifications and I find very useful, so I’m going to leave those On SmartThings along with a few night lights and if things get better, it will definitely be a candidate for my phase 2 projects next summer.

But for now, it’s just too much time and work to try to keep it running for the main lights, locks, and the entertainment center. Especially since I can’t physically do things like reset devices or even change and resave routines very easily.

That means I have 7 different discrete controllers and multiple home automation apps, but if it’s reliable and requires no more than 20 minutes of maintenance every week, I don’t care for now. I just want it to work on Tuesday the way it worked on Monday. Even if I have to give up some features to get that.

1 Like

I’m just so utterly disappointed. I have always been excited about SmartThings. I have an awesome setup going on. It’s my only controller. I’d love to be talking about cool integrations rather than SmartThings acting dumb. Maybe its time for a custom controller, then I’d only have myself to blame for failures.

Just as an FYI to those who are having similar issues, this is the last message I received yesterday from support after I reiterated my problems:

"Hey Brian,

Thanks for confirming. We still need to get an engineer to fix this for you. I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

-Karl
SmartThings Support"

1 Like