My Routine based on Sunset Routinely Fails

Latest failure within routine to turn on two lights at sunset failed tonight…again. Am I the only one? At least my wife’s mechanical timers are reliable.

Time based events failing?
Terrible performance from ST
Time based events failing?
(Eric Seckinger) #2

Mine failed today and last night both at sunrise and sunset. There must be an issue. Im opening a ticket now.

(Christopher) #3

My routine changes are mysteriously broken today as well.

(Daryn Cox) #4

Constant problems with this. Have tried rebooting hub and setting up routines multiple times but problem persists randomly.

(Derrek Krasnicki ) #5

Mine failed yesterday and today also, I’m using Smartrules to create them and only the sunset routine failed everything else from Smartrules fired

(JP) #6

My sunrise/sunset routine/rules have been hit or miss the last few days. I have a v2 hub and it sounds like ST has some fixes for this coming out on Thursday with the new firmware. Fingers crossed.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #7

Sunset events failed for me today. V1 Hub.

(Bobby) #8

Ouch, and you are not getting the update on Thu that supposedly fixes these issues…

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #9

I’m pretty thankful for not getting an update that I can’t pre-test or rollback…

(Todd Whitehead) #10

Last two sunsets have completely failed.

(Todd Whitehead) #11

If I use the smart lights app and update to hub 2 will this be more reliable?

I am on V2. Apparently the issue goes across hardware versions.

(Someday my dog will be automated) #13

I have support ticket for this. There is a problem and it is being worked on. I’ve been two days out of any sort of time-based event (routines, smart lights, etc).

Well my sunset routine failed again today.

(Eric Seckinger) #15

What I dont understand is when you migrate new code and it messes the system up there should be a rollback process. I code for a living to and I can easily roll back when I screw things up. Why is smartthings not able to do this??

(Someday my dog will be automated) #16

Support helped me and said they fixed something on their end. Just to be safe, I went to each time-based routine and SmartApp and hit Done again. Sunset light did turn on today. I’ll update tomorrow on my other routines and modes.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #17

Welcome to the world of “agile development” where there is (apparently, from the outside view), no test environment, no Beta stream, and … no rollback.

(Someday my dog will be automated) #18

Well, it looks like things are back working for me. Yesterday evening’s time-based smart lights and routines fired correctly. I’ll update on today’s progress.

My sunset routines have failed yet again today. ggrrrrhhh.

(Derrek Krasnicki ) #20

Mine too 1 of 3 lights turned on, 2 that didn’t are wemo, using smart rules to create sunset rule