Time based events failing?

I hope that doesn’t bring some new surprises… smart choice, considering the way that things are going now.

Yes, the new app 2.0.4. Sent report to helpdesk and opened a ticket via email.

1 Like

That’s always the trend! My friend!

yep new app still hanging on me… I even completely remove and re-installed as I am sure support will ask for this…

I will resent a report in my open ticket

Perhaps a new Topic / thread is worthwhile for Android App problem? Though we’ve all strayed from “Time based events failing?” a lot anyway…

Here’s a start…

1 Like

Here is the next step…

Getting back to topic. I did reboot my hub and re-saved the routines. Now just waitiing and watching. Hope this resolves the issue.

Well, something must have happened in the cloud. Sunrise triggered for me at 10:53am causing my outside lights to turn off. I also had a Gentle Wakeup routine fire at 10:48am (CST). I had another routine that did fire correctly at 5:55am this morning. But things have been wonky for me all week. I’ve even had some notifications that lights turned on when I wasn’t home even though the lights didn’t change state. That’s a little disconcerting.

I resaved all of my routines and apps. My gentle alarm has not worked since the maintenance update. I just changed the start time for this alarm to 2:45 pm edt and it worked. The alarm triggered and my virtual momentary switch was also able to cancel the alarm. To me, that’s a good sign. Fingers crossed.

Now the new android app… Thats a topic for another thread.

1 Like

Hey guys,

We did find the issue and we are currently running some scripts to make everything better again.

Full disclosure: It may take some time to propagate to everyone so I can only, humbly, ask for your patience while we let the scripts run to do their thing.

I appreciate all your guys’ passion and will update you here when I am informed that all the scripts are done running.

10 Likes

Look who’s back on track…

2 Likes

Hey Tim, is this one time clean up effort, or the fix will prevent future issues? (one would hope is the latter or both)

I have some evidence that things are working properly for me now without having to reboot my hub or ‘reset’ my SmartApps.

1 Like

Update:

Scripts are done running. No need to update the smart app. Your schedules should now be at the correct time :smile:

10 Likes

all my scheduled tasks and devices look good.

1 Like

Thank you for the update Tim.

1 Like

My scripts are all set for the future! Yay!

Except my Monday - Friday script is set to run on Saturday morning, but at least it’s in the future. Just wait until my kids hear the “Bus comes in 5 minutes. Have a good day at school.” on Saturday morning. :laughing:

4 Likes

And, and …mine are broke again! Fantastic…(runin time for the motion triggered lights, to be more specific)

Update: at a closer look, actually, there are no schedules at all, now, where they should. I guess not all bugs are equal. At least schedules don’t fall behind, they just don’t get scheduled, I guess?

Just wait until Sunday! :clock1:

2 Likes

This is way too huge of a thread to go through in its entirety, but I am definitely experiencing problems with time-based events. Has this been resolved?