The SmartThings is ridiculous slow

App loads normally for me now, so much better!

Are you an Android or iPhone user?

iOS

10char

Interesting. I know ST is working on iOS latency issues, so maybe they did something by now? I wonder if others are seeing any improvement now.

For once Iā€™m not being specifically penalized for being on the android trainā€¦ I will mark this day in history.

2 Likes

unmark this day. My iOS app is back to normal speeds. Not sure what changed, but it is running significantly faster today.

1 Like

:astonished: I can use the app again !! :astonished:

Iā€™m on iOS also ā€“ hopeful this is the turning point :raised_hands:

A quick cursory check shows that some of my apps are much faster. Closing out apps like CoRE and Simple Device Viewer are still pretty slow. The speed up is a much welcomed improvement.

I still get an annoying stutter when scrolling through my Things.

iOS 9

From 35,000 ft itā€™s loading a bit better today than recently so back on earth I am sure itā€™s better.

However routines and timed things still fail, and SHM is still slow.

Certainly releasing an app that now default opens to things in aggregate must cause load when there are people like with 160 devices in things. Still no iOS app update for that bug.

Even with much of my setup going local control, itā€™s no help when you canā€™t access the app to re-fire crap it forgets to do in simple routines and mode changes.

In other news, my HomeKit is fast and no issues so we are transitioning common lights to it.

Yesā€¦ Iā€™m that guy with 160+ ā€œdevicesā€. Obviously thatā€™s a view Iā€™d rarely use, yet I get to wait for it whenever the app hasnā€™t been launched for a few mins. Hope that reverts back.

Iā€™m interested in HomeKit as well. As a developer, Iā€™ve played around with Homebridge (node.js framework for HomeKit - GitHub - homebridge/homebridge: HomeKit support for the impatient. ) and was pretty impressed. Even the SmartThings adaptor for it worked. :slight_smile: ( GitHub - tonesto7/homebridge-smartthings: SmartThings Homebridge Plugin ) Iā€™d love to find time to directly migrate my custom integrations (Vantage lighting and Honeywell alarm) though, which are like 99% of my devices at this point.

IYeah. Sitting at 160 myself I donā€™t have a lot more to do in my house. Maybe 20 more items. I am now interested more in reliability and stability than tweaking. That was the last two years of fun. Now I just want it to work and stop breaking every release or the standard 4 month meltdown cycle. I have usually largely been unaffected but I feel otherā€™s issues too and the turn this community has taken.

ST doesnā€™t seem to care about the community since April left and it shows. The Devs who I respect and love that do showā€¦they canā€™t do everything.

I will check out those links. Was a long time developer but just tinker now that I am on the dark side of IT in management but itā€™s interesting. HomeKit has its quirks and is too simple in some ways, but it has never failed or done an app update that hoses functionality. But then again, just like with ST, if apple changes Home app we have no choice but to like it !!

The app seems faster for me today(73 devices). Hopefully this is a good sign.

I am also at 160ish devices. Slow as heck.

1 Like

Itā€™s as though I have an app whoā€™s sole purpose is to display the smartthings logo.

Cā€™mon guys - This gets old week after week.

1 Like

Are we any closer to getting this resolved? It seems to be getting worse everytime it gets better.

1 Like

I would copyright this very quick, before is published as SmartThings slogan. You could make top $$$ā€¦

4 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve got 60+ devices and I hate that it now defaults to ā€œThingsā€ as well. I filed a feature request to make the default tab configurable; Hope they fix that soon!