The Next Generation of SmartThings is Here

(Shahin S) #187

Does the new hub has backup cellular support as it announced in CES? I cannot find anything about it in the specs.

(Kris Schaller) #188

The USB ports are meant for expansions like cellular support, but at this time they are not enabled.

Is there a timeline for that? Will it be a specific accessory, or would we be able to use a USB cellular modem from our own provider?

It will be off the shelf USB modems and other USB based expansion devices like additional RF support.

(Geko) #191

Please, add standard USB CDC (serial port) support.

(Alex Hart) #192

Will cheaper D-link models like the DCS-930L gain support? Will the new hub pre-orders get a shipping notification?

Probably not.

Yes!

(Jason Williams) #194

Looking forward to getting my pre-ordered hub. Amazon sent an email saying my estimated shipping date is between Oct and Dec. :astonished: I must be pretty far down the list!

(Bobby) #195

The Backson, the backson. Have you finished sorting? I know you’re busy and need to rest, so maybe tomorrow?

(Ben Edwards) #196

Amazon will be shipping products starting next week and it won’t be Oct or Dec. LOL.

What about other Dlink product like smart plug DSP-W215, motion sensors DCH-S150 etc? Are these being supported by new hub?

(Magnus Ekenheim) #198

Magnus from ST here.
Currently these models compatible
D-Links models 5222L, 5029L, DCS-2330L, DCS-2310L, and DCS-2132L and the Samsung SmartCam SNH-P6410BN

So is there no way to store POE camera footage on NAS? Is it only via the ST service?

(Marc) #200

I just saw in the other thread that after the Beta for smart home monitor they ST will release the API so the community can leverage RTSP which a lot of camera systems including my Lorex support. This is great news! This should mean that the we will have no people getting our Lorex working!

(Kris Schaller) #201

Hey @Mbhforum, can you point me to that forum?

(Marc) #202

Hope I didn’t get @Tyler in trouble :smile:
Video Monitoring - V2 Hub - Intergration with existing camera systems

(Kris Schaller) #203

@Mbhforum Not at all! :slight_smile: He’s the best! Just wanted to see which thread I was missing out on! Thanks!

(Marc) #204

This is big news that should be more publicized! This will definitely increase monthly revenue for ST as a lot of people won’t be going out and buying supported cameras!

(Jason Williams) #205

Well that’s good. :blush: thanks.

We’re working on that but it’s not a given for day 1 after the beta. Stay tuned.