The Next Generation of SmartThings is Here

Does the new hub has backup cellular support as it announced in CES? I cannot find anything about it in the specs.

The USB ports are meant for expansions like cellular support, but at this time they are not enabled.

1 Like

Is there a timeline for that? Will it be a specific accessory, or would we be able to use a USB cellular modem from our own provider?

It will be off the shelf USB modems and other USB based expansion devices like additional RF support.

1 Like

Please, add standard USB CDC (serial port) support.

3 Likes

Will cheaper D-link models like the DCS-930L gain support? Will the new hub pre-orders get a shipping notification?

Probably not.

Yes!

Looking forward to getting my pre-ordered hub. Amazon sent an email saying my estimated shipping date is between Oct and Dec. :astonished: I must be pretty far down the list!

The Backson, the backson. Have you finished sorting? I know you’re busy and need to rest, so maybe tomorrow?

Amazon will be shipping products starting next week and it won’t be Oct or Dec. LOL.

What about other Dlink product like smart plug DSP-W215, motion sensors DCH-S150 etc? Are these being supported by new hub?

Magnus from ST here.
Currently these models compatible
D-Links models 5222L, 5029L, DCS-2330L, DCS-2310L, and DCS-2132L and the Samsung SmartCam SNH-P6410BN

So is there no way to store POE camera footage on NAS? Is it only via the ST service?

I just saw in the other thread that after the Beta for smart home monitor they ST will release the API so the community can leverage RTSP which a lot of camera systems including my Lorex support. This is great news! This should mean that the we will have no people getting our Lorex working!

Hey @Mbhforum, can you point me to that forum?

Hope I didn’t get @Tyler in trouble :smile:
Video Monitoring - V2 Hub - Intergration with existing camera systems

@Mbhforum Not at all! :slight_smile: He’s the best! Just wanted to see which thread I was missing out on! Thanks!

This is big news that should be more publicized! This will definitely increase monthly revenue for ST as a lot of people won’t be going out and buying supported cameras!

Well that’s good. :blush: thanks.

We’re working on that but it’s not a given for day 1 after the beta. Stay tuned.

2 Likes