Everything was set up and working fine, my smart app showed as “the Google Assistant” .
Then yesterday I added another GE/Jasco wall switch. I could not add the new switch into the existing smart app.
I unconnected and reconnected smartthings and google home and now a new smart app just labeled “Google” appeared, and by default it included control of all the smartthings devices and routines, but then you could slide the switch and choose devices to control. I had to re-nickname all of the devices.
The old “the Google Assistant” app still showed. I just deleted that one.
Not sure when all that changed. I hope now that if I add another device I can easily add it without unconnecting and reconnecting smartthings and google home again.