Text/SMS Message when Hub Offline?

When my hub goes offline, I receive a push notification (usually) indicating so. However, at times I receive alot of other push notifications (news alerts, emails, texts, etc.) so the offline hub notification sometimes gets lost or overlooked. It is not a “persistent” notification so it won’t continue to display on my lock screen once I open my phone. There is also no badge app icon indicating that there is an issue that needs to be addressed. Same holds true for when the hub is online but has lost communication with a device. I wouldn’t know unless I regularly opened the app.

Is there anyway for me to set it up so that a text/sms message is sent to me when there is an issue? At least I would have a badge app icon that would show up and persist until I viewed it. For example…when using the iOS reminders app, any reminders that I set continuously show up on my lock screen and a badge app icon persists until I address the reminder so I do not forget about it.

Try this: [RELEASE] Device Monitor - Get Notified if Devices Stop Reporting

1 Like

@ranman916…that looks like it could solve my issue, thanks! However…I’m pretty green to all this…how do I get/install it?

First off, welcome! You’ll need to instal the code using the IDE and then install the SmartApp on your mobile device. Here’s some more info on doing that: FAQ: An Overview of Using Custom Code in SmartThings (SmartThings Classic)

2 Likes