Sylvania smart led strip

Anyone using these? Only $17.00 on amazon…# SYLVANIA SMART+ ZigBee Indoor Starter Kit, Color Changing Light Strip, Works with SmartThings, Wink, and Amazon Echo Plus

Why go thru the hassle of flashing a h801 controller?

yup. they work well, just have to plan based on 2’ increments in you want to join strips.

Have one under our bed and it works really well. The router functionality of it doesn’t seem to be the strongest, however.

Thanks for the feedback. I bought one to try. Then hopefully use them under cabinets

For under your cabinets, you may want to get some of this. The include tape doesn’t hold up very well to steam, greasy cabinet bottoms, etc.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y7EWRO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Or some diffuser strips.

Nice… Thanks!!! Just looked at diffuser strips will use them too.

Wow, this one is cheap too: (16 feet for $15.60)

Sylvania Smart+ ZigBee Full Color Indoor/Outdoor Flexible Lightstrip, Works with SmartThings and Amazon Echo Plus, Hub Needed for Amazon Alexa and The Google Assistant

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Flexible-Lightstrip-SmartThings-Assistant/dp/B01KV7LGTK/ref=pd_sbs_60_t_0/141-0144573-3558474?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01KV7LGTK&pd_rd_r=2feada5b-1b9f-42d1-9b74-7375cd4602f9&pd_rd_w=YfVWt&pd_rd_wg=0dHcM&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=5HJNCG59TTSMY5J04KZM&psc=1&refRID=5HJNCG59TTSMY5J04KZM

Note: This flexible lightstrip cannot be cut or expanded

Seems like a good price. Although I don’t like Sylvania myself after having a number of their bulbs fail on me just outside warranty. Sengled also makes a zigbee smart led strip themselves that you may want to look at as well.

Do you use diffuser strips with yours? I haven’t tried them with mine since they are already embedded in a layer of silicone that seems to help spread the light.

I actually don’t, but you make a fair point. Mine are just mounted with the included hardware to the wooden slats under the mattress. You may be right in that the diffusers may be too much for these.

Can I use the controller from this kit with other led strips.?