Switchbot and smartthings

Can you operate switchbot devices through smart things and through the smart things hub?

@jdroberts posted the following thread a few weeks ago…

1 Like

You really should use the search function first, but @JDRoberts will give you a detailed answers.

1 Like

Not through the SmartThings hub, it’s a cloud to cloud integration. So you must have the SwitchBot hub to make it work. But the integration works quite well, I use it for several things. :sunglasses: See the following threads

2019 Switchbot Review ( robot button pusher), integration through IFTTT or new V3 app

Under $50 simple no coding solution to power on most brands of smart TVS (Switchbot)

Do you know of a video or anything that would give me a step by step on how to integrate the two?

It’s not complicated. You just set up the SwitchBot hub with the devices through its own app.

Then, using the new V3 version of the smartthings app, you go to “add a device“ and select “SwitchBot.“ That will walk you through linking your two accounts.

Once you’ve done that, the SwitchBot controlled devices show up in your smartthings app just like any other device. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much! That will probably be for the new curtain opener as well, right?

1 Like

I hope so. :sunglasses:

Tagging @prjct92eh2. I believe he purchased one

I thought about it, but never pulled the trigger. Looks cool!

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.