Sunset/Sunrise not adjusting for DST

Anyway to rectify this? I tried deleting and re adding but it is still showing an hour off.

My sunset items came on at the right time tonight…

This is what my hub is showing Which is an hour off.

Time Zone America/New_York
Weather
Sunrise 7:56 AM
Sunset 6:51 PM

Mine shows this:
Time Zone America/New_York
Weather
Sunrise 7:13 AM
Sunset 5:29 PM

Perhaps an e-mail to support?

Lots of people reporting this problem. Let support know.

2 Likes

It’s a waste of time to mention or discuss this. It’s been an unresolved issue for years.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, please email support@ to get this checked out.

Thanks,

Mine were off from the time on my weather station - by 1 minute :slight_smile:

Also Eastern/New York

Perhaps is depends on which developer region you are in?

Mne is https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com

Maybe the orignal graph.api one is having issues?

My sunset events didn’t trigger today :frowning:

I am on https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ and OK.

mine on original triggered on time toođź‘Ť

We have a few reports of customers not having DST change over properly, but this is much less than in years. I don’t have enough information yet to identify a root cause, but in the past there was an issue with times getting cached in Child SmartApps. The best way to fix this is to remove and re-create the problematic SmartApp.

If you are still having issues, please email support@ with the name of the SmartApp so we can look into this.

So how I just interpreted this is. You have to reprogram all of your lights because our own smart lighting app doesn’t properly support DST. :yum:

So a bit more information as we sort through customer reports:

1. It looks like this primarily affected customers that had a time offset on the SmartApp
  2. It should have corrected itself after the first misfire.

Here is what the SmartApp installation configuration should look like if it updated correctly. Note the next scheduled time is scheduled for EST.

If you are not seeing this, or have another edge case on why the SmartApp didnt update, please shoot a note to Support

Please explain to me how this is a smart lighting app issue.

@Eric_Seckinger your experience is a bit different of an issue with DST that became more noticeable when the times changed. I am pinging you 1:1 with more info

Anyone else have this issue this year? My sunset trigger didn’t work.

3 Likes

My Smart Lighting shows that it will fire at the correct time tomorrow, so just a one day hiccup!

1 Like

Mime has been an hour off for about a week now, was it fixed with the last update?