Stringify?

So, I stumbled across this on the wink fb page? Is their app now?
Is wink still having the delay issues?

2 Likes

Looks like a neat concept

Looking a little deeper… I think it’s an app called stringify? ? .

1 Like

I am really looking forward to seeing what ady decides making CoRE programmable from a web interface. He alluded to a possibility in that regard.

1 Like

Yeah, this is stringify… Ios only right now. Bummer… It looks pretty good.

Stringify. There’s a partial smartthings integration:

2 Likes

Looks like a more powerful version of IFTTT.

While neat and needed, a powerful cloud to cloud solution, I am more interested in local reliability.

1 Like

Yep. See the thread linked to above. Several community members tried it and gave reviews. :sunglasses:

IFTTT has more partners.
Yonomi has a more intuitive visual interface and some local operation.
Stringify handles more complex logic.

So just depends on what you need.

1 Like

I think I’ll break out the iPhone and give it a shot.

Both Stringify and Atooma are rule builders kind of like IFTTT. Neither are certified or supported integrations, but they are cool.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just took a look at stringify… It’s not too bad.

I just singed through it and didn’t dig to deep into it, but I’m sure there are other options I don’t see…

Seems like a fairly simple rule builder.

1 Like

It is the stringify app. I use it and it works well. Their engineering team reached out to me when I connected it with ST as I have some devices that they had not tried like glass break sensors and they were able to connect all my devices in their app including my mimolite for my garage door opener. There are a lot of rules you can develop with their app.

2 Likes

I just made a simple, switch turns on then lights set level. It worked good and seemed pretty fast.

A good friend of mine is using Wink (w/40+ devices) and has gone through their ups and downs. He is happy with it now, they have moved most processing to local. The old delays are gone, I used to laugh when he pushed a button and we waited… and waited. They also do not have a very complex rule builder, devices limited to supported, but do have Caseta!

Wink’s future with Flex is questionable. I think Flex had to acquire them to recover their debts, they have said that they do not want to be a provider, just an innovator/manufacturer. This was the old news:
http://investors.flextronics.com/investor-relations/company-news/press-release-details/2015/Flex-to-Bring-the-Intelligence-of-Things-Home-with-Wink-Acquisition/default.aspx

Well it looks like stringify works with wink. That seems to give a more complex rule builder than the robots.

I was checking it out… But uninstalled as soon as found that my contact sensors weren’t supported.

1 Like

And Yonomi!!!

1 Like

Yonomi works well too. Especially if you have an August lock. That is what I use it for.

Ih yes, it does. I use it exclusively to tie Echo and Harmony.

We could easily add support your contact sensors - if you’d like to reinstall, send us an email - support@stringify.com.

2 Likes

It seemed that it just didn’t support contact sensors. Is that the case?