Stelpro Ki ZigBee Thermostat missing controls

Noticed about 2 weeks ago after chilly morning in North East. Heating controls missing from Stelpro Zigbee thermostats. any one else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Same.

I found this other post which seems related but I’m not 100% sure.

It’s not the first time such a bug appeared.
I just hope it’s fixed before winter comes back.

1 Like

I found that post when I first had this issue. Still none of my Stelpro thermostats have the heating control.

This was the same problem from back in early 2021.
I hope they fix it before winter comes back as well!

1 Like

Having the same problem with my 3 Stelpro KI zigbee thermostats, I notice this a couple of weeks ago (June 2022). The Smartthings app no longer has the button to turn on/off the thermostat or to set the temperature. I went as far as deleting one of my thermostats from Smartthings, manually reseting the thermostat to factory settings, and re-adding it to Smartthings. Still no controls can be managed via Smartthings. I can see the temperature and track the history, so the thermostat is talking to Smartthings, but cannot be controlled via Smartthings. If anybody can offer any help it would be much appricated.

Added note - same issue occurs on either a Android phone and also Apple/IOS device, neither allow controlling a Stelpro KI zigbee.

Brad_K , see the post linked to above at the bottom of the topic, it explains it. you can revert back to 1.7.84.21 and that fixes it but it needs to be fixed in the newer release. This happened last year as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the same problem. What post are you referring to for the solution?

Looks like the Zigbee Stelpro Ki Thermostats are no longer supported by SmartThings.

Very frustrated as I spent a small fortune on 6 of these to control the baseboard heating in my cabin remotely.

Anyone find a way to make this work? I still see my routines but not sure if they work and don’t want to try until I am there next. Guessing they don’t.

Need to figure out an alternative way to close tell these remotely. Any ideas?

Did you really get information that Zigbee Stelpro Ki Thermostats are no longer supported by SmartThings ? Problem reported here is also for zwave ones.

A way to bypass the problem (like the first issue in 2020) : Change de “Device Type” for the generic “Zigbee Thermostat” by editing de device in the old IDE

The response from Stelrpo, interpret how you wish.

———

Hello,

Samsung updated the SmartThings app in June 2022 and since then our thermostats can no longer be controlled by the App. We encountered the same issue with our SmartThings system here at Stelpro.

This problem is clearly on their side and Samsung is aware of the situation. We ask that you keep an eye out for updates to the SmartThings app as this may be added in future app updates.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can use the “Google Home” or “Amazon Alexa” app, to control all thermostats and other smart devices connected to the SmartThings Hub.

Thanks, and have a nice Day,

Yes,I know it’s a fair answer since Samsung did changes without take care of customer concerns.

It is winter almost, has anyone talked to StelPro to see if they are writing edge drivers?

I can now see the thermostat temp and wether it’s on or not. I can also control the temps with automations I set up before these problems started. This gives me limited but acceptable functionality. I can not turn individual thermostats on or off, nor set the temperature.

Seems to be fully working with the latest update. Great news!

What exactly did you need to update to restore functionality. I have updated everything I could find, and still have issue:

• SmartThings App = 1.6.93.24
  • Hub = 0.45.11
  • Thermostat controller = 2.3.10-1