Starting from zero - SmartThings and Fibaro RGBW

Sure. Will do. So I got it to show up in smartthings but the lights didn’t turn on or change when I pressed the buttons. I tried to remove and readd it by goi ng into the ide and deleting it and now I can’t get it to find it again. I’ve since read that there’s some special way or removing zwave devices but they all involve pressing something on the fibaro and I’m not sure how safe that is once it’s powered

Think you should, or at least build a cookbook and charge for it.

@WB70 I’ve been very lucky to have someone so generous in spirit help me. We all have to start somewhere and despite all the reading I’ve done I’m reasured to have someone advise. I start training as a professional electrician in april so I’m sure I’ll 'pay it forward 'to the community .

For what it’s worth btw I am not a HE

I’m only kidding with you. Some great peeps in the community willing to help out. Before you become a professional electrician, don’t get electrocuted before then. Especially on the 12volt :smile:

I’m on my first cup of coffee and one eye is open. I thought it said MikeMolly, that’s why I referred to you as a he. I usually don’t refer to someone as him or her for that very reason unless I can see the name is specific to a gender. Robin and I have had that conversation, hehe.

1 Like

It’s fine I’m not offended - i like being in the minority :slight_smile:

On the topic of electrocution, how do I avoid electrocutingmyself while pressing this b button the fibaro (when I find it)

No worries ive managed it and not died (yet)

So it’s appearing in smartthings but no light :frowning: what now ?

dances with excitement

1 Like

I love the fact that more females are participating in the HA space and the SmartThings adventure. Better ideas come from when there is more of an equal mix, and not such an offset of one versus the other. Maybe someday that won’t fall into any “minority”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: I ate my own words today. Can I blame it on lack of caffeine?

Do we have lights?

Yes we doo!!

So excited. It’s a bit messy with the wires- the plug is moulded and I didn’t have any spare so couldn’t cut and rewire in order to put the adapter inside. So for now I guess it has to sit outside the junction box.

On another note ; does it matter that the socket at the end of the light strip is just exposed?

And finally; does the fibaro allow me to connect other things to it and then control them as separate thji ng s in smartthings ?

You mean like this?

Gif removed on account of safety precautions.

1 Like

It’s a party for another success story!

Best thing I’ve seen all day

1 Like

I did. Makes it tough to go back and forth through posts anyway pineapple guy.

I thought the power coming on with your own lights would have been the best thing. Hehe

They are still going through that thread and saying wtf?!?!

Probably still trying to figure out the other topic we hijacked with Billy Bass and the Wicked witch as well.

1 Like

And yet you still allowed for the police strobes in your own home, now tenants. You’re fired! :joy:

1 Like

Just FYI, don’t leave them switched on for long while still coiled up on the spool. They heat up fast that way and that can shorten the life of the LEDs.

Congrats on getting to this point.

Now you can play with this custom handler if you wish …

2 Likes