ST Multi Sensor for Skylight - which is best DTH?

I see a number of different Device handlers in the API for the multi sensor:
SmartSense Multi Sensor
SmartSense Multi + C3
SmartSense Multi + Graph

I’m wondering which DTH would be best for using the 3-axis to report on a skylight.
The skylight moves slowly. I have the multisensor attached to the underside of the glass.

I don’t want to use this as a “garage door”. I want to use perhaps webcore to get the 3-axis readings, and use a simulated/virtual device of some sort - or even perhaps a new DTH - to report on the following states based on those readings:

• closed
  • open (vent, not vulnerable to rain)
  • open (vulnerable to rain)

Any thoughts on how to best proceed?

I dont think there is a big difference… except I think only the SmartSense Multi Sensor is running local (i.e. works for certain automation even if your network connection is down)

see this thread for more details:

However, since you will use core (what is not running local), I dont think there is a difference…

1 Like

Turns out that no DTH works for this project. Somehow the MultiSensor can detect the vibration of a dryer, but cannot detect when it’s being moved in three dimensions with a rotational aspect by a skylight motor.

I guess the device itself is incapable of detecting motion, or differences between prior and current XYZ axis readings, when there is not enough acceleration associated with it.

@Glen_King
Glen, how is the skylight opened?
If motor powered then there are ways to detect this if connected to ST via a fibaro roller shutter relay
This is how I detect (and set the level) of my conservatory skylights