I’ve placed a support email, my first one ever so I’m not sure what response time I should expect. Considering my issue is related largely to the ST device refusing to update state on SHM which is all core functionality I’m hoping they’re dive in quicker then “you broke it you fixed it” might net me.
I’m hoping someone here has run into this issue before and has some debugging things I can try beyond what I’ve done. Here’s the symptoms and what I’ve done thus far.
I’m using the v2 hub firmware: 000.024.00011 and the ST Classic for android vs 2.17.0 - build# 448328
My wife uses IOS ST Classic as well, but I don’t have the device in front of me so I can’t say the version. That being said the behavior is the same for both so I’m assuming it’s not client related, but something with the ST hub or the cloud backing it.
I’ll preface that everything has worked fine for months with no recent change on my part.
What is not working
- BigTalker2 stopped reporting doors opening / closing
- Proximity turning off / on Alarm does appear to be working, but it could be the SHM as the root cause so not sure yet there. Yet ST showed proper state of all proximity sensors.
- The OSRAM Lightify Dimming Switch Binder device driver I was using with Smart Lighting stopped working
- The actiontiles states that everyone is GONE (LIfe 360 Proximity Sensors on our phones)
- SHM stuck in Armed Away regardless of state selection changes. It says it switches, but upon refresh its back to Armed Away
What still works
- konnected alarm panels and all attached sensors update state as doors and windows update
- All zwave / zigbee switches still work when toggled via the ST Classic mobile app as well as their physical devices. (With the noted exception of the OSRAM Dimmer switch controlling two smart lights
- Routines work if manually selected
- August Lock Device handler still works fine
What I’ve tried
- I’ve tried rebooting the ST via the IDE several times, I’ve pulled batteries, power, and ethernet. No noticeable effect
- I’ve removed OSRAM Lighting Dimming Switch and virtual dimmer it controls
- I’ve removed Smart Light smart app
- I removed Webcore in IDE and Smart App on Mobile (wasn’t using it at present)
- Disabled / Deleted Routines that used proximity Sensors to run
- Removed ActionTiles Smart App in IDE / Mobile
Will all of that removed the only thing left is a August Smart lock Device Handler and the konnected device handlers and smart app, which as I stated work fine given the weird state.
I did not try removing the Life 360 Smart app because ST was still showing accurate proximity status so I assumed it was working.
With all of that removed the state of SHM is still stuck in Armed (Away) mode. I’ve looked at the events and device logs and everything seems normal there. I don’t see any weird errors. I also see where the SHM is polled for state and always returns Armed (Away). So seems consistent with what I see on the UI (Mobile app).
Any wisdom as to what I might try next would be greatly appreciated. TIA