[ST Edge] UPnP Control Point Driver

@Sakari and others with interest…

I have created a version of the example driver and published it via a channel as you suggested. This is the first time I’ve attempted this, so please let me know if this works for you or if you have problems.

I’m calling this example driver a ‘UPnP Explorer’, as it will identify all available devices and sub-devices supporting UPnP on your LAN. A detailed description of this driver, including how to decipher log messages, is available in the documentation link in my original post above.

Here is the invitation: SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.

I would recommended firing up a logging window so you can see the details of what is happening as the driver executes: once you finish using the web link above to install the driver from my channel to your hub, you can use the CLI to find out the driver ID and then start the logger:

smartthings edge:drivers:installed
smartthings edge:drivers:logcat <driverID> --hub-address=<hub ip addr>

You can then proceed to the mobile app and do an Add device->Scan nearby to initiate the UPnP device search. If you have any available, SmartThings devices will be created for each UPnP device found, with some selected UPnP attributes available to view on each device details screen.

Regarding the device details screen: As noted in the documentation, the Sequence Number will increment only for devices that were successfully subscribed-to. Expiration date is only updated when subscription events are received. For more complete realtime monitoring, see the log output.

If this ignites further interest in customizing the example or writing your own driver, the example code and UPnP library is all available on github per my original post.