[ST Edge] LG WebOS TV

Do you plan to share the source for the driver?

I tried to installed it and when I search my LG G1 in smartthings app and add the tv I cant control the TV.

see attached screen shot

what I am doing wrong?
I just installed the driver and find the tv in st apps but I cant control the TV

@fison67 Nice job, works well for me.

Would be great if you could share the source Iā€™d love to look investigate a couple of things:

• Implementing functionality to Turn On TV using Wake-on-lan
  • Tweaking the on/off status handling (currently it doesnā€™t seem to display an off status - I guess because when the tv is turned off itā€™s trying to connect to it and canā€™t)
1 Like

Great work, weirdly it shows i have 3 hdmi inputs yet only 2 physical ports. But i can switch to all 3

I have a problem with controlling my TV.
Everything works as intended except turning the TV back on. Power down works fine but stays in loop of turning down in the ST app.
Any fix?

/I can turn it on and off without a problem using Alexa tho

Thanks for sharing the driver. I would also value if you could share the source code. It wonā€™t connect to my TV but it is an old model so could be the issue.

Cheers

1 Like

I canā€™t connect my LG C9 with webos 5.30.25. Iā€™ve installed the driver and enabled mobile on over wifi but the TV doesnā€™t appear when I search. The hub is in a different room. That shouldnā€™t matter though - isnā€™t it discovering the TV on the LAN?

Is this still working? I canā€™t add my TV, despite being able to control it through the LG mobile app over wifi. Does the ST hub need to be in the same room?

+1 on a 2019 TV. Simply isnā€™t detected by search.

2020 model and works well, thanks. Took two attempts and for some reason finds 4 devices (1 functional, 3 not) and the channel buttons donā€™t do anything for me, but everything else is great!

@fison67 is this still working? It wonā€™t discover my TV at all and ive checked all settings. Thanks!

Can you explain what you meant by it finding 4 devices? Is the hub close to TV? What does the TV appear as when you search? Thanks.

Forgive me, appears that was another edge driver creating some duplicates of the tv. Thanks :+1: : [ST Edge] LAN Device Monitor

This stopped working for me after the most recent upgrade to 3.30.16. I have a C2 and worked fine until now.

Looks like OP hasnā€™t been active in a while, but has anyone had luck finding a similar driver that includes more inputs? Looking for YoutubeTV, Hulu, Apple, HBO, etc. I canā€™t seem to find any other ways to automate turning the TV on and setting the input to an app.

Any luck launching custom downloaded app like IP TV app from my provider?
Or launching saved app under quick launch button ā€œ1ā€, ā€œ2ā€?

:slight_smile:

Launching quick apps via SmartThings is a great idea. Would allow for people to customize which apps get launched rather than being stuck with the hard coded options

Is the OP still around or is there an alternative driver? I can connect and control the TV but after a few hours the connection is lost and i have to remove and add the TV again. Is there a way to maintain the connection permanently or something Iā€™m doing wrong? I only need to detect TV on/off for turning my Govee TV lights on/off with the TV via IFTT.

Would be really nice if someone could work on thisā€¦Iā€™m pretty sure there are plenty of ST users with LG webos at home.
Iā€™ve managed to connect 2 TVs, but I canā€™t change the channel.
Also, one of them is connected to a soundbar via an ARC connection, so volume controls donā€™t work

2 Likes

I installed this on a new Samsung Station hub and the app recognized my LG G series TV. However, for two days when I try to control the tv in the SmartThings app, I get a message saying the device hasnā€™t updated all of its status information yet. Is there something I am missing that needs to be done on the TV, hub or app?