LGTV Edge driver.

Support device: LG WebOS TV
Requirement: local network.
Find a device when Tv is on.

Custom capability

1. Media Input Source
  2. Message

12 Likes

Looks really good but I can’t get TV paired.

I installed the driver, switched on the TV (internet connection available) and search for new devices nearby but no luck.

What am I missing?

1 Like

I have installed this on one of my LG TV’s and will see what I can do with it when I have a little more time, as my piHole may be causing some problems. Is it completely LAN based, or does it need WAN access?

I will give this a try today when i get home. I have an LG TV

Interesting, with LG not being native. How are you to link the tv to SmartThings?

Thanks!!!
Is possible to add also capatibility to run custom Lg apps like my IPTV provider?
If there’s no better solution i would be happy to send command for “quick lunch 1”, …

@dusanhauko , how did you get it paired?

Power up tv.
Do the scan nearby. Thats it.

Do you know why the channel buttons do not appear for me? a cloud appears

This doesn’t appear to work with the LG Signage SM5KD running LG WebOS

I got finally paired. It’s quite impressive.

Could you please add Amazon Prime Video as media source?

Thanks a lot!

What version of WEB OS TVs do they need to work? Minimum version of WEB OS LG ?

2 Likes

I am using a 65inch LG C1 OLED with latest WebOS 6.2.0.

In my case I couldn’t pair it, because I had to enable “TV On With Mobile” option. As soon as I enabled this option, boom, the TV popped up instantly on the Search Nearby page :slight_smile:

HTH

1 Like

Getting a “Request failed with status code 400” error when I try to install?

Nevermind, read up and looks like I’ll need to have SmartThings Edge enabled on my hub.

hi i have a routine that changes the tv input when motion is detected by my front door to hdmi3 to show the camera is there a way for it to stay on hdmi3 for say 10 seconds etc then go back to the last input this would be great. thanks
martin

The MASSEGE not working. Some one know why??

Its working for four five days after that stop responding. After that i delete the TV and reconect

Seems to work perfectly with my LG C1 once I turned on mobile device wifi connection on the TV. It is missing HDMI 4 as an input though. Can that be added?

I just added the tv with lg webos. The button for the tv is always On. Even if I press it the tv goes out but it stays on.
Also if I press the tv on, it doesnt go on.

So I got it working. If I use a virtual edge tv to power the tv on or off it works somehow…
But if I use the button itself, to toggle the tv on or off, not.