I know that there are quite a few SmartApps and releases out there for managing the latest WebOS-based LG smart TVs, but none of them quite worked for me. This is my first attempt at creating any sort of SmartThings integration so it’s very rough around the edges. Anyway, this release really only achieves a couple of things:
- Power On/Off of an LG smart TV
- Power status tracking of an LG smart TV, reflected in the status of a virtual switch
It relies on three components:
- A container running some node.js code which both accepts URL-based requests to control the TV, and monitors the power status of the TV using ICMP (pings). Sadly, I can’t see a way to put this functionality into a SmartApp so it has to remain separate.
- A virtual switch device in SmartThings.
- A WebCoRE piston to provide the intelligent link between the container and the virtual switch.
See https://github.com/sOckhamSter/lgtv-bridge for the full readme.
There are plenty of ways to tidy this up and make this more useful, so volunteers are welcome…