[ST Edge] Issue with automation actions for multicomponent switches

Hi,

Since there is no children allowed in Zigbee edge drivers, I implemented an edge driver for Aqara dual relay module with multiple components.
The device has 3 switches

• under main component (this switch controls both channels)
  • under switch1 (controls gang 1, i.e. the first relay)
  • under switch2 (controls the second relay)

It works pretty well overall, but in automation actions, it is not possible to unselect the first component.
This basically means that the second relay can not be used effectively in automation.

The device profile looks basically like this:

name: Zigbee Switch Power Energy Meter (YG)
components:
- id: main
  capabilities:
  - id: switch
    version: 1
  - id: powerMeter
<here other supported capabilities, like energy, current and temperature measurements, etc
- id: switch1
  capabilities:
- id: switch2
  capabilities:

In automation condition view (aka IF) all capabilities are shown flat, so it is possible to provide condition on any switch (or any capability under any component).
However, in automation action view, the capabilities are organized in sections/groups and the first “Turn on” is always selected automatically and can not be unselected.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Yakov

Automation condition view

Automation action view
( Two actions are selected and there is no way to unselect the first one. In fact, once the user selects some action inside the group, it can no longer be unselected )

1 Like

Once you choose an action you can no longer leave without any action in any of the switches, not only in the main.
It is an app problem for multicomponent devices. For DTH multicomponents too.
In addition, it does not identify what action is of each switch.

We assume that the first is 1, the second is 2 …
When you see the automation done, you don’t know which switches the action refers to.

2 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo ,

Thank you for your comment.
You are absolutely right saying

Once you choose an action you can no longer leave without any action in any of the switches, not only in the main.

However, I’d like to point out that only the first switch is set (selected) by default. Since none of the switches can be unselected, that basically means that the first switch will always participate in automation.
I consider it as a major problem, basically it is a show stopper for using multi gang switches in automatons, since it is not possible at all to select any gang except the first exclusively.

On the other hand, inability to unselect mistakenly selected switch is not so sever. The user can just go back and try again. It is merely inconvenience.

If the complete solution is not feasible in the near future, I’d very much like to see at least a fix that does not select the first switch by default.

2 Likes

They will have to give a solution.
I already mentioned to @erickv what I saw wrong in this conversation

1 Like

Hi, @SamsungZell can you please review this one?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like