ST and Family Hub Fridge

Hi, I’ve recently bought a Samsung 671 Family hub fridge. The fridge has the smart things app as does my galaxy s8 phone. I can connect the fridge to the internet and browse pages etc but I can’t get it my phone registered on the smart things app or my fridge resgistered on my phone.

They detect each other but right at the end of the registration process I get an error message saying it can’t register.

One of my Samsung TVs is registered and seems to work (it just detected and registered it automatically).

I’ve tried doing it automatically and also by selecting the exact model number of the fridge but same result either way. I’ve been trying to do it for a week now with no luck. ive tried cycling the power on the fridge, deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone.

I can’t figure out how to delete and reinstall the app on the fridge,

Any ideas?

This forum was set up a number of years ago so that people using the smartthings hub could help each other.

Samsung has a separate official support forum for their smart appliances and televisions which also has employee moderators. Usually when you have a question about the refrigerator, television, or vacuum you can get a faster answer there.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/bd-p/get-help-home-appliances-kitchen