Sonos Notify With Sound

Hey Everyone,

I am new to all of this and have very little knowledge of how these devices work. I am trying to use my Sonos speakers to act as an alarm when my door is opened during night and away mode. For some reason I can only get it to work once and then it never works again. When I activate it manually from the Labs section it takes about 2 minutes to respond but it eventually does. Most of the time that is. The weird thing is that I can use the sonos to announce that the door is open in home mode and it works every time. I have tried deleting all of my speakers and doing a re-install but the same thing happens every time. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

When I set it up with mine it worked maybe 15% of the time so I gave up. And when it did work even though I was not playing music it would randomly start playing. It is to buggy.

stopped bothering with it too…just doesn’t work.

Thanks for the responses guys. I gave up and bought a little Aeon Labs siren that plugs into the wall and charges. Works perfectly.

I was really frustrated trying to get this to work last night and am happy to see that I’m not alone. Has this been reported to ST?

I’m sure it has. It has never really worked correctly. I finally gave up

We need to come up with a chime based z-wave box. Similar to the wireless doorbell, but triggered by doors or other events.