Something big is coming! (June 2021 app update)

We can hope, but the fact that they have that row at the bottom is already ominous. Not to mention all the swipes and long holds and context aware menus, all things they’ve never done well for voice before. Well, I’ll find out when it’s released.

1 Like

I don’t physically touch my devices, I’m quadriparetic. I use voice navigation. See my profile picture. Unfortunately a lot of the 2018 app is broken for voice navigation, here’s hoping the 2021 app does better in this area. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I understand. I hadn’t noticed the profile picture. By voice I really don’t know if it’s possible. I hope they adjust this!!!

1 Like

I ask if is possible install from apk. I ask it becouse in italy this new version is not aveable in this moment and I’m impatient

How did the update come to to you all? Google Play store not showing for me. Galaxy Store isn’t either. And when I goto ABOUT it shows latest version is already installed.

2 Likes

The app will rollout within a week. I haven’t gotten it either

1 Like

@Diegocampy I have not tried with this version, but I have updated from apk on previous versions. Let me know if you find the apk with this update :grin:

1 Like

The “Low Battery” tile (in the video) does not show in my app??? I have a Samsung S21 phone…

The BRAND NEW Samsung SmartThings App - Full Walkthrough

Grazie a @aruffell for share me. This is the new SmartThings apk: http://bit.ly/3w9fntU

3 Likes

That worked thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thanks but i ll pass on side loading apks

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand. My English is no good

I mean installing an apk outside the play store is not safe

True, but the APK came off my phone not long after installing it from the Play Store (prompted update) and went directly to @Diegocampy so it should be harmless unless @Diegocampy modified it :wink: .

3 Likes

I understand your concern. Actually I hadn’t thought about it, I don’t insist, if you want you can check the apk code, or wait for a notification from the playstore.

Anyone else think this new app is basically like homekit app now?

1 Like

There’s definitely some similarities

Wait… by basically like the homekit app… do you mean it works when the internet is down? :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Just to make sure … I am only playing!

6 Likes

Possibly, particularly as the sideways swipe to switch between Rooms has been around for a while now (albeit without the visual cue of the little markers across the bottom to indicate where you are in the list of Rooms). You’d hope not, but it is certainly plausible.

Sorry, but it has to be asked … Do you have any devices with low batteries?

I’d been wondering what the deal was with batteries. Battery level disappeared from the device event history several months back without comment and the documentation already says that Device health relates to a device’s connectivity, signal strength, battery, and other health-related events such as tamper or malfunction alerts which invites one to infer there are more things planned in that area.

2 Likes