Something big is coming! (June 2021 app update)

Guuuuuuyyyyyyyyys?! It hapening!

2 Likes

My guess is the new “bespoke” (their term) four door refrigerator.

It has WiFi and now comes in pink champagne color. :wink:

5 Likes

Now my idea of a big announcement would be adding the green power clusters to the Zigbee stack, but I’m pretty sure Samsung wouldn’t think that deserved a hashtag. LOL! :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh please god no! I am waiting a huge app update, not another overpriced fridge

4 Likes

My two guesses:

1. App makeover
  2. Local automations going public

Mobile app makeover based on this slide form the last Galaxy event and the new Windows app having a different UI.

4 Likes

The thing is, they’re also using the plain “Samsung” hashtag. So I’m thinking that’s not going to be for anything as narrow as the home automation features. :thinking:

Unless
it’s something to do with Matter. That’s getting a lot of buzz right now, and they might want to be part of it. Which as I’ve mentioned elsewhere, could actually be very cool.

We can all pray together tonight :stuck_out_tongue: can you sync on my timezone?

1 Like

I was expecting this to be the minimum Galaxy upcycling thing, that I saw on my newsfeed this morning.

I hope it’s better than that, more like a Galaxy Home 2 or something

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe it will be the fixing of the duplicate Alexa/Google Home devices? :wink:

6 Likes

AndroidPolice has a leak suggesting it’s going to be a giant sized galaxy tablet.

The brand-new third tier is the big news in this leak — literally. If we’re following Samsung’s pre-existing naming structure, “Basquiat 3” is likely an “Ultra” model. It features a massive 14.6" OLED 120Hz display that sports a 92% screen-to-body ratio, with an additional 5MP ultra-wide front-facing camera next to the standard 8MP lens. The base model still includes 8GB of RAM with 128GB of storage, but the top-end variant includes 12GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.

1 Like

I wonder if these new Tablets will have the ability to run SmartThings. SAMSUNG does not have a good track record of their tablets being compatible with SmartThings.

2 Likes

Hmm
 so not quite so “big” as the Galaxy View tablet

I almost bought one a few years back.

1 Like

I’m a literal thinker. The tweet states ‘Something big is coming’, and the image states ‘Something new is coming’. Both phrases would have totally different meanings when taken separately, but when I add ‘big’ with ‘new’, it has nothing to do with any features (sad face). If they used something like ‘exciting’ with ‘new’, then I’d lean toward features (happy face). So using ‘big’ with ‘new’ to me has to mean something that’s physically large which I agree is probably that rumoured gargantuan Tab S8 Ultra tablet which I have no use for.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea what the announcement is about but I can’t see why you’d create a graphic with the SmartThings logo on it and not Samsung if it weren’t largely SmartThings specific.

However it also can’t be that significant if it is only trailed on Twitter. I didn’t even know SmartThings bothered with Twitter.

Their socials were pretty much silent until September of last year. Now they’re somewhat active on both Twitter and Instagram.

2 Likes

I just want to know who in their right mind would put an uncovered cake in the fridge, on a huge cake stand no less!!

2 Likes

I take it you missed the freezer section :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s a 4 door refrigerator, so no freezer section. Otherwise yes, it’s a rather weird selection of goods in the freezer haha.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a cheesecake. :heart_eyes: :cake:

1 Like