Solaredge Device Type?

@ahndee I keep getting java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method size() on null object @line 470 (getStartTime) in the log file. I confirmedmy api is working using the URL https://monitoringapi.solaredge.com

The issue is that the platform seems to have gotten slower or that it allocates less time for the DTH to finish ā€“ I just committed some updates to GitHub which should work around thisā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the quick update! It is currently still throwing errors. If you want my API and site code I can send it to you to make debugging easier. Here are the current error codes:

error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method size() on null object @line 478 (getStartTime)
error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Forbidden @line 320 (pullData)

It could throw the size() error a couple times but then should keep going. The Forbidden response seems to indicate that your credentials are not correctā€¦

I checked the access codes using the monitoring API URL. From there it gave me the system info seen on post 162. I just copied and pasted the site number and API number right into the app. It still has not reported any data yet.

If you DM me your access info I will take a look at it (I donā€™t have a SolarEdge system myself so I canā€™t test on a live system).

Will do, Thanks!

Thanks - worked for me. Are you using the classic or the new app? The new app doesnā€™t really support most of the features of this deviceā€¦ :cry:

Hi Andreas

Iā€™ve installed the SolarEdge DTH on each of my SolarEdge installations today and itā€™s working well.

Just one small issue spotted so far - the value for generation which you are showing is actually powerflow from the inverter to the house and not actual generation.

This is unlikely to affect many people but on one of my installations I have a StorEdge controller and a DC connected PowerWall 1 so I am seeing negative figures on this one :slight_smile:

As I quick note - I am more than happy to share with you my API keys should you want to add StorEdge metrics to the DTH.

Jason

Will this work without the zigbee repeater? Just by connecting the zigbee from the inverter over to my SmartThings hub with zigbee?
We were originally in a lease with sunrun before we purchased. They came out a few years ago to upgrade their cellular monitoring from 3G to LTE. They told us we didnā€™t need the solar edge zigbee communication anymore. But now that we bought the system and Iā€™m trying to monitor it through solar edge, thereā€™s no communication and solar edge is telling me I have to go back to sunrun to get the zigbee repeater set up. But I was able to get my API key from solar edge so I would like to try this method of monitoring through smartThings. If I can do it without having to replace the zigbee repeater that would be best. Then if I do have to replace the repeater, I donā€™t know if the existing zigbee antenna in the inverter is keyed or paired up and has to be matched identical to the original repeater or if a new repeater can take the place and be connectedā€¦
I appreciate any help from anybody who has experience with this thank you.

This DTH talks to the SolarEdge API and queries their backend servers. It does not talk to the inverter directly.

Separately, your inverter still needs a gateway to the Internet so it can talk to SolarEdgeā€™s backend servers to upload production data. My SolarEdge inverter (SE7600, about 6 years old) is hardwired Ethernet, but at the time they installed it Zigbee was an option, connecting to some Zigbee gateway. Newer ones support WIFi. You need some connection there.

(but you donā€™t hook the inverterā€™s Zigbee direct to SmartThings; it would go to the Zigbee gateway)

1 Like

Hi There,
is anybody got this device handler working on the new app??
When I installed this DH, my new app shows zero values:
ā€œEnergy consumption = 0kWhā€
ā€œPower meter = 0,0 Wā€

Monitoring api link shows the values in the browser correct:

Hello,

Can someone say if the solaredge integration is working with the new app (2021)?
If it is working, can you please replay with the link to the latest code?

Thanks.
Guy

Guy,

If youā€™re talking about my DTH, I doubt that it works with the new app. Since SmartThings remotely disabled my hardware and has still not sent me the refund for the hardware they confirmed to have received more than three months ago I no longer am able to test any changes or offer support. Iā€™m out.

Cheers,
Andreas

1 Like

It does, for some definition of ā€œworkingā€. That is, the DTH pulls the correct data from the SolarEdge API and displays some of it in the new app. E.g., for me the device tile shows 2911W (the last instantaneous generation value), selecting the device shows 8.7kWh ā€œEnergy Consumptionā€ (the total generated today) and 2.9kW ā€œPower Meterā€ (the same as the device tile value). The display in the new app is nowhere as rich and useful as it was in the classic app.

(It was a rainy day so my numbers are low).

Iā€™m using @ahndee 's DTH from https://github.com/ahndee/Envoy-ST/blob/master/devicetypes/aamann/solaredge.src/solaredge.groovy

But I wouldnā€™t bother installing it at this point. With Groovy support going away soon, it will stop working until someone totally rewrites it as an endpoint app.

(In fact, Iā€™m probably going to delete it now that I think about it, since SolarEdge limits the amount of polling on their API)

1 Like

Hi,

I am trying to add my SolarEdge system.
My system ID is 7 digits and in the Smartthings device option I can only enter 3 digits number.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

I just checked in mine - my system id is 6 digits long, but Iā€™m not restricted on how many digits I can add when I use ā€œā€¦ā€ on the virtual device and select ā€œSettingsā€. Iā€™m using the current Android app.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Please see the 2 pictures - one with 3 digits and the ā€œsaveā€ button avaliable to press, and the other pic with 4 digit and the save button isnā€™t available to press.

Maybe there was a device handler code update and I have an old version? Can you point me to the latest version?

Guy.

Thank you for clarifying that; I completely missed that on mine ā€“ I have the exact same behavior. ā€œSaveā€ goes grey once I enter more than 3 digits. (I only checked that I could enter more than 3 digits, not that I could save).

I donā€™t knowā€¦ try reporting to support. It sure seems like a bug in the new app. I entered mine long ago using the Classic App, which no longer works because they disabled the APIs.