SmartTiles Dashboard v5.5: Added UK 🇬🇧, 5 × Dashboards, and more! Nov 6, 2015

Just wondering - Is there control for color on RGBW lights? I can see dimmers, but no color control?

1 Like

Not yet, and probably can’t be added until the **V6 ** overhaul version. Fitting multiple sliders is not practical, so some sort of pop-out may work best, and/or, eventually, perhaps, pre-sets or simple scene activation.

In the meantime, the best workarounds are to try to set Routines and/or Virtual Buttons tied to certain lighting presets and then add these to your Dashboard.

every time I see reference to V6
 I keep thinking that it really should be V8 :wink:

1 Like

Just started having the following issue with smart tiles.

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.ClassCastException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

What’s a fix for the following problem? It’s been updated to the latest version.

Yup
 This is an annoying one but we don’t have it pinned to one specific cause or list of possibilities yet. It can be related to unusual tiles like Weather or unofficial Device Types?

If you know how to run Live Logging at http://graph.api.smartthings.com/logs (I think
 I’ll check path later) then you’ll get more details.

Chrome browser based debugging is the step after that.

Let’s take discussion to:

• Support@SmartTiles.com
    please.

Thanks!

Tried to send a email but I got a bounce back saying its invalid.

Sorry
 My fault, gave you wrong domain
 Doh!

• Support@SmartTiles.click

Resent the email to you.

Just a random one - but on the Video streams that I can have - Is there a way of getting the P/T/Z functions on them?

Is there any way to get a tile that shows the status of @geko’s Smart Alarm: Whether it’s armed or disarmed?

The status of Smart Alarm doesn’t always correspond with the home status (Away/Night/etc
). I’ve run into bugs a couple of times where Smart Alarm doesn’t disarm when I get home, and the alarm keeps going off. The tile showing armed/disarmed status would be a big help.

Is there any way to add a tile for opening/closing garage door? At the moment I am only able to get a status title which shows whether or not the door is closed. I’d like to have a switch for open/close functionality.

Forgive my ignorance if this has already been asked. I am still new to ST, but slowly trying to educate myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I did a super quick search of this current SmartTiles Topic, but can’t find the standard answer.

The easiest way at the moment is to add a Virtual Switch or Virtual Contact 
 possibly one that links to a Routine.

Do a Search :mag: for “Garage Door” in this old Topic for some more answers

SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

1 Like

@tgauchat I appreciate the guidance. Will definitely give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the quick response!

I’m having the same issue on my ios and android devices.

Which issue, please?

Sorry, I thought I replied to the topic that was talking about it.

Anyway, Im having the same issue where I press the routines button but it only shows for a split second. I have to press it a second time in order for the menu to stay up.

1 Like

Thanks
 Only 2 people have reported this and we haven’t been able to reproduce on our own.

Let’s take this at: Support@SmartTiles.click

Output from Live Logging and Chrome debug console may help.

Also helpful to know if you have a large number of tiles, routines, etc.; special Devices, etc.

I have the same issue. Not really a problem for me but if you need to add to the count of people experiencing this issue, count me in.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, Jim.

Same request
 If you can run Live Logging and browser debugging and see any clues, it’s helpful if you send to Support@SmartTiles.click

Skype / live screen share may also help us find the cause. Unfortunately, it’s hard to build diagnostics into the current version of SmartTiles.

Hello, I installed SmartTiles, but receive an error when attempting to view the dashboard in the app or through an external browser. I’ve only set up on item/tile, a GE switch, for testing. After receiving the error, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that would fix it. Same error.

{“error”:true,“type”:“groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}