SmartThings with Mercedes cars (2021)

Interesting announcement today. It’s light on details, but you’ll be able to use the Mercedes MBUX voice assistant and an app to control SmartThings devices. Starts with the 2021 S-Class.

Smartthings had a similar integration with BMW a while back… but somehow it became really silent around that

1 Like

and that S-Class can be loaded with tech if you have the $'s. The automated driverless valet capability is also on that car!

Kind of an odd place to start this new car integration to be honest. You would think the people that have that type of money are using a professional home automation system like Control4. Let me know when Ford or Honda get integration :laughing:

4 Likes

You can sorta add this to most cars with Alexa Auto or just open the Alexa App while connected to Bluetooth…

I do this all the time.

Hey Siri, open the Alexa App

Alexa, do blah blah blah

Probably just playing catchup with Alexa and Google.

Twenty years ago someone asked me if I would ever buy a Microsoft car… (remember Windows 2000?). My answer today would be different from what I thought then.

Would you buy a SmartThings connected car today?

Hello,

I tried to pair Smartthings with the voice assistant from Mercedes over the weekend. However, I haven’t found a way. Could it be that the announcement from 2 years ago hasn’t been realized to this day? My Mercedec is new and has the latest MBUX system on board.

Greetings Franz

Our family bought a 2022 model mercedes GLC last year and nobody at the dealership had any clue what I was talking about when I asked :sweat_smile: I tried poking around in the mercedes mobile app and the infotainment system and I found no way to link to SmartThings.

I think the Smarthinks APP is missing the possibility of being able to link to the Mercedes voice assistant.
Just as there is the possibility to link Bixby, Alexa and Google Assistant under “Voice Assistant”, Mercedes voice assistant should also be offered, right?

It can go either way. Can linkn from ST app or from the site/app of the integration, like SharpTools does. But from the original release it was restricted to only the S-class, so I would assume if the integration still exists its still limited.