SmartThings WiFi Issue seeing any local devices on the network

Does this effect Smartthings wifi hubs as well? Since last night none of my homekit devices are responding

I have Smartthings WiFi, and as of this morning none of my intranet connections work such as SSH, SMB or AirPlay. But, I can access the internet. Very weird, but Iā€™m fairly confident that itā€™s an issue from the Smartthings WiFi network / Plume ecosystem.

1 Like

Good point. You also suggest a cause for the network problems we had a few weeks ago. Itā€™s likely Plume because my hub shows its version is not 32.7. Regardless, this is inexcusable and Iā€™ve grown weary of cloud services breaking things without any repercussion. Time to go Netgear WAP and Hubitat.

3 Likes

I was on the phone with Plume today, after calling Smartthings first, regarding the sudden issue of devices being able to access the internet but not each other via local connections such as SSH, SMB, AirPlay, Chromecast, etc. The tech wasnā€™t able to provide a solution, but he said heā€™d look into it further, and I subsequently received an email saying that it was being escalated to Tier 2, and that they were aware of others making similar reports.

I like the idea of Smartthings and Plume integration when itā€™s all working, but itā€™s very frustrating when things go wrong, as itā€™s hard to troubleshoot. I foolishly reset my Smartthings WiFi hubs a few weeks ago when all internet connectivity went down before there was any official word that there was a widespread problem going on (weā€™ve got two kids at home for eLearning, plus Iā€™m working at home, so itā€™s kind of a big deal for us when the internet goes down). Anyway, I was in such a panic that I didnā€™t exclude all of my Smartthings devices before doing the reset, and it took several hours to get everything working again. I wonā€™t make this mistake again!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve lost all ā€˜castā€™ ability since yesterday. Also canā€™t access my Denon AVR via the app or Logitech Harmony - all connected to ST wifi hub.

In plume they are all showing connected. What is going on!

I thought this might be related to Plumeā€™s AI Security settings, and in fact I still do, but Iā€™ve tried turning the various setting off, along with turning on Privacy Mode, and even after restarting the Smartthings hub, the problem persists.

At the very least, Iā€™m glad to see that Iā€™m not alone in this and can stop looking for things on my end.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue! Last time it was the AI but nothing works this time

It appears to be a Plume issue. Apparently they are aware and working to fix it. I havenā€™t heard personally but through others.

1 Like

Yeah, it isnā€™t an issue with this. No matter which device handles the DHCP the issue is still there for anything connected to the ST wifi hub.

Excluding it from the eco system everything works fine. Shame as the coverage is really good with ST wifi hubs

Just got this email hope this helps

Blockquote

Hello,

This is Mauricio from Plume Support.

Weā€™re currently working this issue with engineering team.

As a possible workaround, could you please set your hubs to router mode from the Plume application? The hubs will reboot after the change. Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thank you,

Mauricio Hernandez
Team Plume
If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-844-697-5863 (US) or 0-800-917-6318 (UK) for 24/7 phone support.

Blockquote

I had my hubs in router mode when this began. I switched to auto and back to router, still have the issue. I changed the IPā€™s from 192.168.X.X to 10.X.X.X, still have the issue. I factory defaulted my 2 sub hubs, still have the issue. I turned off all the protections, still have the issue. I also tried private and again still had the issue. If I use the Ethernet out to a switch, all the devices on Ethernet are viewable (including wired devices on the sub hubs that are not hard wired to the main hub). I cleared arp cache from my windows devices as well, no change.

The basic definition of the issue is that any wifi wlan device can only route out to the internet.

I have no way to see the routing table in the hub or any firewall rules (the options on the plume app are very very limited). There is a feature in the app for ā€œInternet Onlyā€, but no devices show in that list.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve lost interface with my wifi cameras on my hard wired NVR. Using SmartThings as my prime wifi. Switched wifi on my router and connected the cameras and all is fine. Interestingly the signal quality on the plume app is showing dashes when it usually shows a status. I was unable to ping my cameras from my wired network to wireless. I was able to within my wifi. This is a pain

Ok, so I made the switch. Just pre-ordered Eero 6 pro. Samsung WiFi just got me bad reputation with my wife in the last few months, especially when we are all working from home.
Anyone looking for 4 Samsung WiFi hubs, pm me, but have to wait for 1 month.

2 Likes

Donā€™t blame you. This is ridiculous, how was this not caught during testing. Iā€™m starting to wonder if they even do any testing prior to rolling out updates.

1 Like

Same issue here, Iā€™m happy that Iā€™m not going crazy because Iā€™ve tried everything even resetting the network and I still have the same issues. I have four hubs and except for the primary hub, the satellites say theyā€™re ā€˜checkingā€™ but Plume shows theyā€™re connected and have devices connected to the satellites. However, Sonos is completely out, and devices like computers and NAS no longer see each other.

While I have a wireless network that connects to the internet and wifi devices have access to the internet, everything else is broken.

I also tried setting to router mode last night and that did not work. I factory reset everything and went back to Auto mode and that did not work, so Iā€™m back to square no networking, just WiFi access.

Why are updates made with no announcement, no warning? Thank goodness I separated my SmartThings hub from the mesh network earlier this year, so no impact to my smart home and no impact when I replace it with eero.

Please roll this back ASAP and do not roll out a firmware update without notification. Weā€™ve all seen how the v2/v3 hub firmware has gone.

1 Like

Hi all. Same problem in my home network., printers, network appliance, etc can not see each others.
My firmware was not updated, so I dont know what kind of actions I must do to fix it.

Bye
Victor

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything that can be done on the user end, and we just have to wait for Smartthings & Plume to come up with something. Itā€™s very frustrating, to say the least.

1 Like

This is totally disappointing. My wife and I work from home, my daughter has online classes that she canā€™t miss. Yesterday we tried to print her papers on our wifi printer just before her classes and it was totally stressful and frustrating. Samsung cannot risk the connectivity of its customers with these types of deployments.

2 Likes

They donā€™t test their software, clearly.

1 Like

Just wanted to tell you I FEEL YOUR PAIN omg I factory rebooted and was so stupid to do that in a panic I ended up having to exclude/re-add 20+ zwave and other devices what a paaaaaaaain going back and forward in the menus to exclude and then add every ST device. I swear ST is the best when itā€™s working and the worst when it borks. I have the same wifi internal IP issue and so glad to see this thread of everyoneā€¦ I thought I was going crazy. Hope they fix it soonā€¦