SmartThings So far not impressed - not so smart

Hi @ispy, when I first bought my kit I bought the starter kit and I could not get the multipurpose sensor to work at all. I contacted smartthings support and they took it back in as a faulty product and replaced it. Unfortunately when I got the replacement it had exactly the same issue. Plenty of messing around later they confirmed again it was faulty and replaced it.

I’m now on my 3rd multipurpose sensor and it’s finally working nicely.

I guess what I’m saying is don’t hesitate to contact them as yours may be faulty too and they’ll replace it as part of the warranty. Personally I’m looking at different open and close sensors now as I don’t trust the smartthings ones. The other smartthings sensors I haven’t had issues with though.

I’ve bought a few Orvibo contact sensors after reading on here a few others have done the same thing: [RELEASE] Orvibo Contact Sensor.

When they are shipped here I’ll let you know how well they work. They don’t have an accelerometer though so no vibration detection but I don’t really use that anyway. I guess it would be useful for security on windows (they may be smashed not opened) but for the doors open and close is good enough for me.