SmartThings Smart Lock Guest Access - Disappeared (January 17, 2023)

mine is gone also. doesn’t show under life tab either. contacting support.

I reached out to Samsung Support, who provided me with the Smartthings Team’s phone number. They answered promptly and stated they are aware of it and have filed a report to the engineering team. Their phone number is 866-813-2404. They told me that the issue should be listed soon on the Smartthings status page: https://status.smartthings.com/

7 Likes

I have submitted an error report via the app.

1 Like

@Mattyrow Nicely done!

I just subscribed to that Status Page you referenced for updates (on future system issues too)… not that there will be any :blush:

Thanks !

1 Like

BTW, there were several threads on this same topic this morning so I combined them all into the first one that had been posted. If your posts were moved over here, you may want to go up to the start of this thread so you can see everybody’s comments.

@all4dom @Mindripper @Mattyrow

2 Likes

Having the same problem however my issue is with STHM disappearing. Opened a ticket four days ago with support and have heard nothing !!!

1 Like

I thought of your your earlier thread when I saw this one, but I’m not sure it’s the same issue since the one with locks seems to be affecting many people and I haven’t heard of anyone else having an STHM problem.

One of the issues with smartthings historically has been that they tend to use the same error messages over and over but for different things, which makes it hard for us as individual customers to figure out which problems are due to the same causes. :thinking:

1 Like

Good to know - Thanks

2 Likes

Since this looks like it may be an issue related to the app, I’m just curious which version people are using.

Device having problems with SGLA:

• Android, but not Samsung
  • Samsung Android, but not Galaxy
  • Samsung Galaxy
  • iOS Phone
  • iOS Tablet
  • Android Tablet
  • Android simulation on laptop
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

Good idea!

However, since I can’t open SmartThings Smart Lock Guest Access, all I can let you know is the version of SmartThings on Android 12:

It’s not visible in the Beta Dashboard or the SmartThings API Browser+ either.

1 Like

Known issue being tracked in another thread.

1 Like

Known issue in another thread? Can you clarify? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought you posted in a new thread. People are reporting it here and other threads have been merged into this one. It is suggested you report the outage to ST via the ST app as discussed above.

1 Like

Same here. This is a critical issue

2 Likes

Everyone how can needs to call this into smartthings, at this time, support do not feel this is a critical issue, then consider it a “minor inconvenience” that is not a high priority fix. WTF

3 Likes

Ok, so not just the app. :thinking:

Still not on the status page yet, though, as of this post.

I also consider this a major issue, although I don’t use it for rentals: like @all4dom my smartlock code management is essential to let in health aides and other service providers.

2 Likes

:100: Couldn’t have said it better !

2 Likes

I’m using smartthings to control several door locks for my short term rentals and I am so stressed as I cannot assign codes to guests. This is crucial to my business and a MAJOR safety concern as I cannot delete old codes or create new ones.
Please fix this asap!

2 Likes

@Lisa_C113

Added my report to the growing number submitted by those who read this thread.

1 Like