SmartThings (Samsung Connect) (New App) and Fibaro Dimmer 2?

Hi Guys,
has anyone managed to get the Fibaro dimmer 2 or switches working in the new smartthings app?

The devices show in mine, but wont let me control them in any way.

I have installed it this morning with the following Device Handler : Fibaro Dimmer 2 Device Handler

I have the connection made with the Neutral wire connected.

Have you managed to add it (pair) to the hub?

PS I use the SmartThings Classic app, the Samsung Connect app fails to communicate with many of my Things.

The new app doesn’t work with custom device handlers yet, so if you’re using one, that would be why it doesn’t work in the new app.

@benerkens - Sorry, maybe I wasnt clear on this. It works in the OLD Smartthings app, which is what I am using now. Im referring specifically to the New Smartthings app (The old Samsung Connect)

@Automated_House - Ive tried both with the default z-wave dimmer handler and plus a custom. Neither work

I don’t have any that use “Z-wave dimmer”. Try “dimmer switch” handler.

I think that the Samsung Connect app is the problem.

I have the same experience, “Can’t connect” with many devices I have connected to the hub.

On the same device (Android phone) using SmartThings Classic without a problem.

Tnx for this information. Now I understand the differences.

A bump for this. I’ve just been migrated it seems. Now I can include my oven and tvs in automations, which is fantastic.

However I have a house full of Fibaro Dimmer 2s on custom handlers (every room has at least one without exception). I have many cases where I use S2 to turn on lamps, soffit lights, cabinet lights, which no standard DH will do.

Are there any custom DHs at all on the new app?

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried the default Fibaro handler provided by smartthings

I didn’t think that dealt with virtual switches, frames etc but will have a look. Thanks.

ETA: no, that doesn’t include any of the extended features, just on/off/dim. And I’m yet to make it work at all.