SmartThings Outage (EU Only) - Mar 23-27 2018

I’m not sure, but you would need support’s help for that.

Reply from Samsung support:

Tanya (SmartThings)

Mar 26, 8:43 AM MST

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for confirming that for me! I’ve gone ahead and updated that from my side.

Looking into this further, I can see everything is still connected and running server side, which is great! You also only have one Location which is ideal. I can see you’re using a couple of custom devices, so I would definitely recommend sticking with the Classic App for the time being (you’ll get a notification when the new App has been updated and can support more of your needs).

As a Samsung Account user, it definitely looks like this is tied to the platform outage. It does look like you’ve managed to get yourself logged back in thankfully! I’m hopeful that our engineers are on the homestretch to fixing this issue. I apologise again for the inconvenience.

All the best,

Tanya

I’ve just been logged out of the app once again, and when trying to log back in, I get an “Incorrect email or password”. This is beyond frustrating :frowning:

If anyone has their system back up and running, I would like to hear about it. 3 days on and still I can’t get the app to load.

Same here. I’ve now been logged out and after entering my username I get “Incorrect username or password” before receiving a password prompt.

So my whole home is “out-of-order” now. The new app seemed to come from stock in my new S9 (I do not think I installed it manually), opened it, automatically used my Samsung Account (why not?)… And now nothing works.

This must be a joke. After several outages, unexpected firmware updates which always break something, no zigbee support for “real” devices (i.e. multiple endpoint devices), and now this…

Time to switch to another platform. Smartthings seemed promising, seemed to work, seemed DIY friendly… seemed many things, but it is nothing but an expensive toy, not really mature or supported at a scale that may allow a real serious end-user to get his home automated.

Bye-bye SmartThings, hello OpenHab (or whatever that works: but nothing can really be worst than SmartThings in its current status…)

App still kicking me out, despite now a message claiming there has been a security patch.
I’m giving in; sadly wasted money.

Gosh this really is poor. Would be good to get a sense of resource / effort going in to fix this. Or even a statement on what’s causing it.

Dare I say this but it’s working again for me at the moment !!

Ok I take that back it gone again !!! :rage::rage::rage::rage:

Fourth day in a row… really disappointed in SmartThings after using it a couple of months now. :disappointed_relieved:

Couple of months, lucky you I have only had it a week !!! Very very disappointed. !!!

From about an hour ago everything of mine has just completely shut down. I have no control in the app because it wont load anything and won’t let me sign in. Neither the classic or the new app loads and I have no functionality over any of my smart products, unless going through the manual route.

I would have understood if I had notification of the outage or update, but because there is no word on what is going on I am extremely concerned about the safety of the products and the security of the hub.

Please can Samsung get a grip of what is going on and let us know what we should do!

Wow. Still issues. We are firmly in the sales of goods act terratory with regard to ‘fit for purpose’. I can understand the odd day or the odd hour but the lack of comms around this is really poor. Come on support, just let us know what is happening.

Same thing here in the UK.

Interesting point with the product been fit for service when it requires cloud connectivity and the service isn’t available.

That’s why people are moving to Hubitat.

2 Likes

Thanks. Was trying to find the name of that device! I’m quickly seeing that relying on a cloud service for home automation isn’t a great idea. Especially when we’re not paying for the cloud service and have no SLA.

I have been fairly distracted this week but noticed at the weekend that I couldn’t load the app, sensors weren’t pushing notifications to my phone etc, and I’ve just jumped in to have a good look at it and I’m honestly struggling to believe the lack of info that has been given out?!

Just a statement on https://status.smartthings.com/ which I only found out existed through a post on this forum from a user - really?! for a £100+ premium product?

I expected their support staff to be on the forum grovelling for forgiveness?! I wonder if I’ve bought into the wrong platform. I wonder if Home Assistant will suit me better.

It seems to be working for me today. I was even able to add a new device. Fingers crossed!

Yes worked for me most of day as well, let’s hope it stays up now :pray:

1 Like