Smartthings official support?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !

I would like to ask smartthings to give me official help on making smart life app integration to ST work. As for now i keep getting an error and dark screen.

Does anone has a link so i could write an email to ST ? Or does it not exist ?

Thank you !

ps : anyone knows when the google nest integration is live ?

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll have better luck with them than I have whenever I contact them. My experience is that they have hired a fleet of professional Rebooters, so named for their uncanny ability to attempt to solve all problems by rebooting the hub.

You can hit them here: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

1 Like

The integrations are developed and maintained by the manufacture of the app/device being integrated

Smartlife in this case would need to be contacted as they are responsible for the integration between there cloud and ST Cloud

You are not alone in having the issue, I have contacted SL as have others , my reply said they are aware and the issue was reported to there developers

Which means… basically they don’t care right now

Google Nest availability is unknown at the moment but there intended device Device types are now in the IDE

At a guess the 3 stat options allow for 3 stat variations

2 Likes

Use the Tuya integration instead of the Smartlife integration. You won’t get the error message. If works for the same devices.

2 Likes

Thanks all
@Paul_Oliver
Tuya not working either i get loged in then devices not showing i just go the info saying the tuya is connected

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved: This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers. It is not an official support channel and is not officially monitored by support staff.

In the US , you can reach the official support through either email or phone:

However, as @fido mentioned , at this point integrations are owned and supported by the manufacturer of the device, not smartthings. So that’s who you would need to contact.

Your devices may not be Smartthings compatible. The following is a work around.

In the Smartlife or Tuya apps create seperate “tap-to-run” on and off automations (scenes) for each device you want to use in Smartthings.

In Smartthings run the Tuya integration. Do NOT use the Smartlife integration. (The difference between the Smartlife and Tuya intrigations is that the Tuya integration doesn’t end with an error message. And when you look on linked services the imported scenes are listed under Tuya, unlike Smartlife which is blank.)

When you go back to the main page in Smartthings you will find On and Off switchs for each device possibly in No Room Assigned.

They will say they are off line, ignore that for now.

I have been using WebCore with my Smartlife/Tuya devices to overcome the offline issue, and it works good. Sharptools reportedly also works.

I create a virtual switch in Smartthings.

In WebCore I create a piston for each device. The first part of the piston say toggle the “on” scene when the virtual switch is turned “on”. The second part of the piston say toggle the “off” scene when the virtual switch is turned “off”.
I have been using for months with no issues.

FYI: If you open each device in the Smartlife/Tuya app and hit the edit icon it will list the “3rd party controls” that are available for that device.

I have 5 Smartlife devices. They all list Alexa and Google. One lists Tmall Genie (Alibaba smart speaker). Only 1 lists Smartthings.

But any Smartlife/Tuya automations you create get intergrated with Smartthings.

3 Likes

This thread actually made me change my connections/automations, i have been lazy tbh and worked on a smartlife integration with Alexa and v/switches from ST to get sudo control

I didn’t swap before due to all sorts of automations being connected to various devices and automations, it is a quite evening so I removed all my Smartlife items and carefully re added into tuya, recreating scenes and integrations as I went

Things that were involved look and work in a much better way now, even the Mrs is happy after I moved and changed some lighting stuff… 2021 so far is going well ish

1 Like