SmartThings No Longer Lets me Add Z-Wave Devices (Jasco Dimmer)

I am hoping someone in the SmartThings community can help me, as SmartThings’ technical support has been useless.

For the past week I have been struggling with my hub’s refusal to let me add a Z-Wave dimmer switch. It also lost a connection to another Z-Wave dimmer switch that worked fine until last week, but will not let me add the switch back in to the network. My numerous other Z-Wave switches and devices are currently working fine.

I have tried all of the recommended steps to connect the switches to the hub, such as excluding the devices before trying to add them, rebooting the hub, temporarily pulling out the air plug in the Z-Wave switch, repairing the Z-Wave network and moving my hub closer to the devices but nothing has worked. The exclusion process in particular simply hangs and does not appear to do anything and the IDE log does not reflect any exclusion.

Tech support has been a (bad) joke. I have emailed them multiple times but get a different person each time who apparently reads off a script and tells me to do the same exact things that I have already done over and over, like excluding the device, moving the hub closer, etc.

Unbelievably, after I was chatting for 2 hours with another support technician in real time to try and resolve this, he simply dropped out in the middle of the chat without so much as a warning, a goodbye or an explanation!! Prior to him abandoning the chat, our discourse was perfectly cordial. To have a technical support representative simply walk away from a discussion like that is a first for me and reflects very poorly on SmartThings.

Since SmartThings support has not been helpful, I am turning to the community to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

I moved 11 posts to an existing topic: GE / Jasco (45612) In-Wall Dimmer Won’t Connect

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.