SmartThings iOS v1.6.57 (December 21, 2020)

new update is out today

Yep. Installed and came here to find out what is new.
App said there are new features and an upgraded menuā€¦

clicking on devices load quickly and all the data is displayed properly. Usually I get the clouds on a few devices when opening them and so far the are displaying properly

1 Like

Now if they can just flip the devices button with the SmartThings mall buttonā€¦

Not for me. Not seeing any improvement.

1 Like

Donā€™t see any new features. No improvements. :expressionless:

1 Like

They fixed the bug that was causing graphic generation errors in Smart Lighting when you moved from an automation to the main selection screen.

iā€™m still seeing the time selection button bug in Smart Lighting :frowning:

Your right, itā€™s still there. Did you email them?

Indeed, a huge improvement in load timeā€¦

1 Like

I still only see the ā€˜fastā€™ load on the rooms screen. but even then itā€™s the cached statuses, not actual and it slowly updates to actuals. Opening a device still renders status dog slow. I see no change.

Hmā€¦ I think the only thing that improved is that the clouds are gone. The correct status does not update faster for me.

1 Like

Update to my earlier post. While devices did load quickly last night, today they are running slower again.

Maybe one of these updates, they will get around to fixing one item that changed many months ago but never got updated on this screen.

Hint: connected services was renamed to linked services

These release notes donā€™t make any sense compared to the note inside the app. Wtf is ā€œflex IoT lifeā€ :joy:

Yeah, it reads like one of those product descriptions on Amazon for Chinese devices thatā€™s obviously created using Google Translate, LOL.

3 Likes

Do I need to report that it still doesnā€™t work well with voiceover? Or did you guys guess that already. :wink:

At this point (more than two years in) I feel like there must be a QC checklist somewhere with a typo, that says ā€œdoes not work with voiceoverā€ that they are checking off every timeā€¦ā€œYep, Doesnā€™t work with voiceover, itā€™s ready for release.ā€œ :laughing:

6 Likes

They deserve the hammer on that one @JDRoberts. Itā€™s not like they havenā€™t been told - what, a million times now?

2 Likes

They already killed classic. Their resources are now free. what are they going to blame now?

4 Likes

Hmmm I have been having slowness issues today with the app. I meanā€¦ extremely slow. I then discovered it has taken 5gb of storage on my iPad in the past 24 hours. Ugh

1 Like