Smartthings, Domoticz, Somfy, RTS & IO

(Daniel Consuegra) #1

Hey all!

I’m in Europe… There, that’s cleared…

I’ve currently got some Somfy shades integrated thanks to the fantastic work of Martin (@dudz40 ).

They’re all based in the RTS protocol…

Now I’m going to include other Somfy motors for the blinds… here’s where the trouble starts… I think…

The guys I contacted for this want to sell me a newer IO motor…

I’ve seen what the official app by somfy can do… and I like it…

BUT! I’m not 100% (heck not even 10%) sure if that new protocol will be compatible with my current setup…

Ideas? Thoughts?

(Martin Verbeek) #2

Probably Somfy IO motor, it works on 866Mhz, so no chance it will work with RFXCOM which uses 433. Protocol in this case would be IO Homecontrol.

(Daniel Consuegra) #3

so no chances of porting it into ST?

(Martin Verbeek) #4

We might have a cgande via the app platform.
How is the Somfy app connecting to the blinds? What is the name of the app?

(Daniel Consuegra) #5

I’ll find out! :slight_smile:

(Daniel Consuegra) #6

These are the apps (for android) that I think are of application in this case… I don’t know exactly how they connect… but I am guessing some sort of API?

(Martin Verbeek) #8

That is tahoma, for that you need a box in your home, around 300 euro.

(Daniel Consuegra) #9

I was afraid you’d say that

If you buy the Tahoma box here’s the SmartThings integration:

And here’s another hub what can control RTS devices and might even replace the SmartThings hub:
https://apps.athom.com/app/com.somfy

(Daniel Consuegra) #12

But I’m comfortable with ST! Don’t want to replace it! :laughing:

Yet another hardware what adds API access to Somfy devices:

@danielccm
ST hub can’t communicate with Somfy devices so you’ll need some additional hardware no matter how much you love ST.
Technically it would be possible with a USB device attached to ST hub (like rfxcom) but I don’t see this happening in the near future, ST doesn’t seem to have any plans to support third party hardware connected to hub.

(Daniel Consuegra) #15

What if we start a change.org campaign? LOL!

(Daniel Consuegra) #16

If only it were available in Europe… sigh…

Good luck with the campaign :slight_smile:
ST rejected even smaller changes so far :frowning:

I loooked at Connect UAI prices and the Tahoma box is cheaper.

(Daniel Consuegra) #19

Wasn’t actually planning on doing one… just thinking outloud… lol!

(Daniel Kostan) #20

Hello dear People here,

Sorry, I’m totally new to the whole topic (as well as community), so apologies, if my question is going to be dumb :slight_smile:

1. “Is there a decent chance to get the ST hub working in the “civilized” Europe (I’m in CZ, but my conditions apply for most of the EU - voltage, frequencies, power outlet)”. I understand that the ST is not really planing to get outside of UK and US :frowning:

2. “What would I need to make it work with the Somfy RTS motors (resp. Telis remote)?” From some sources I read that it’s possible with some additional “box”, but here it is mentioned, that it won’t work (?)

Thanks a lot for help and any advice.

(Daniel Consuegra) #21

Hi Dan!

I’m from Spain and I have been using ST since what seems like forever…

Just purchase the smartthings hub from Amazon UK (or some other online retailer) and plug it into an adapter… that’s how I have it… works great with my 60+ (I think) devices!

My current setup for that exact scenario involves a Raspberry Pi 3 with Domoticz installed, a RFXCom USB antenna and an app + a few device handlers by my friend @dudz40 from the Netherlands… If you need guidance, tell me and I’ll recover the urls where I got everything from…

Cheers!