Smartthings Bond Support

I’ve gotten my fireplace to show up on Smartthings, but is there any way to control the fan / flame / etc? Currently I can only turn it on or off.

Thanks

1 Like

Not yet, it’s on the backlog of features to implement. I’ll make a note that you’re looking for it to let you know when it’s available.

2 Likes

Bond-Jacob,

I have just purchased 2 Hampton Bay fans from Home Depot that come with your device. I am excited to get these babies in the ceiling, and now that I am reading this thread, I believe that I am going to be very happy with my purchase :blush:.
What are the steps that I should take to make this experience the easiest and get the most out of my units?

1 Like

Just make sure you get the correct app (“Bond Home”). We’ll be deprecating the old app (“Bond Bridge”) soon, but for now it’s still in the stores.

If your fan has a light toggle button, I encourage you to configure your device to “trust” its state in the device settings screen. There’s a description of that flag here in our API docs, but in short: it really enables scenes like “turn off all lights!” with more confidence, and is designed for users who prefer to prefer to use integrations and the app over the physical remote.

@bond-jacob I finally got the new ST app working and was able to link up the Bond Beta app. A couple of questions:

1. Any word on the auto-migration per our previous discussion several posts up in this thread?

2. I seem to be lacking the ability to dim - just on and off despite having the ability to dim in the Bond App. Any ideas?

3. Also in the above I have an up and down light but in the ST app I only see “light”…any idea on a timeline to get multiple light control? I do have Alexa-based control FWIW.

I’ll have to do some more exhaustive testing…

1 Like

@bond-jacob @bond-merck Any thoughts / updates on the above post?

Just added Bond to the new ST app. I see my devices but when I tap them they never load. Anything I can do to fix this?

I just installed a bond bridge and linked it to SmartThings, but for some reason I can see my fans in the classic app, but nothing is showing up in the new app.

@Jordan_G sorry for the slow response here, I need to re-enable notifications from this forum. We just identified a problem that’s unfortunately been present for a bit over a week. I know what’s needed to fix it and should be able to patch it up in the next hour, I’ll keep you updated here.

@snijjar This may be related to the same issue that Jordan is seeing, but I’m unsure. I’ll jump on this next if not. If you still don’t see your devices by this evening, please let me know!

I believe I just fixed this issue. I fixed it for myself, at least. Could you let me know if you’re still experiencing this problem?

It seems to be working in the classic app but not the new app. It still spins on loading and can’t connect to the device.

How did you get it in the Classic app?

Once you set up Bond in the new ST app, the classic ST app will show the devices. If you look up in the thread there was a discussion about that they are visible but don’t function as expected.

@bond-jacob Maybe this was missed due to the non-alerts but comments are appreciated:

Hey @bond-jacob still can’t see my bond device in the new app, but I am able to see it in the classic app, screenshots attached.

I finally got the new ST app working and was able to link up the Bond Beta app. A couple of questions: Any word on the auto-migration per our previous discussion several posts up in this thread?

We have changed strategy here: we’ve thus far opted to just silently replace the cloud remote with the local remote upon creation, and not modify users’ existing devices. Currently >99.5% of devices have received this treatment. That is, if you have a cloud device and re-record it now, you’ll almost certainly get a local version. (of course, if you’ve lost your remote since recording, I can help you to manually migrate it)

Do you still have a cloud device?

I’m assuming your remote has the sort of dimming behavior where you hold down a button and the light changes brightness until you release it? We don’t expose this “hold-to-dim” type dimming for now, since there needs to be two messages sent to the Bond: one to start and one to stop, and we haven’t yet worked out a way to handle this from a ST controller.

This one is pretty straightforward, we’ve been talking about it in the office recently, and I can confidently put a timeline on it. It’ll be available by the end of the month.

1 Like

Okay, we’ve had a few users report this sort of issue (@Jordan_G’s issue, while not exactly the same, is probably related). I’m looking in to it.

@bond-jacob, here are some answers:

Do you still have a cloud device?

Yes, I have one fan that was not working correctly and the team there created a device for me. I can try to re-record the device to see if it works better. For reference this is a Hunter Remote IN2TX45 and Guy was helping me. We got almost everything to work except one of the buttons and then the conversation dropped but I still have the 95% working profile that he set up for me.

I’m assuming your remote has the sort of dimming behavior where you hold down a button and the light changes brightness until you release it? We don’t expose this “hold-to-dim” type dimming for now, since there needs to be two messages sent to the Bond: one to start and one to stop, and we haven’t yet worked out a way to handle this from a ST controller.

Yes, that is correct, it is a stateless combined dim / on-off button for the light.

Coincidentally, on the Hunter fan above, it uses this long press functionality to change the fan speed though that might be a different implementation and irrelevant.

On the uplight/downlight functionality I will definitely test that out - much appreciated!!

I’ve been getting random light flashes and quick fan activations recently. Most of the time it’s just a quick on/off but sometimes the light or fan stays on. The events are happening on their own without any user input or automation. I’m not sure if it’s caused by Bond or SmartThings. Anyone else seeing something similar? Attached are a couple of logs for the fan and light. Thanks.

Hi @bond-jacob

I have two questions:

Fans - I have added a fan to bond which works really well, except the fan remote only has options for speed up and speed down (it has six speeds). It does not have options to select each speed. How do I add this to bond in such a way that I can control the speed with Smartthings

Somfy blinds - I have added three blinds which work well too. However, I don’t see how I can control the % to which they are drawn via Smartthings, Bond, or Google home for that matter. Is there a way I can either add the “My” button to Smartthings or otherwise control the % they are down/up?