SmartThings app - Unable to connect to the Hub

(Jitesh Shah) #1

I have both the apps on my phone - the classic and the smartthings app.

I had installed Hub (Hub 1) a few days ago. I was able to add z-wave devices to this hub. Both my apps were able to control the devices and the hub.

A week ago, I setup another Hub (Hub 2). Hub 1 was disconnected at this time, and Hub2 became the only Hub that I can control from SmartThings app. I need to access Hub1 network settings (which I believe can be done only through SmartThings app) since I have to change the network settings.

I have gone back and deleted Hub2 from the SmartThings portal but I still can NOT access Hub1 (at least from the SmartThings app). Funnily enough Classic app still allows me to play with the devices and the Hub.

I could reset and start over, but the pain of excluding and including up all the z-wave devices gives me jitters. Can someone please help? Is this a known issue? Should I do anything differently?

(Jimmy) #2

I thought you disconnected hub 1? Why would you need to connect to it if you got a new hub?

(Jitesh Shah) #3

Hub 1 was disconnected temporarily. We have changed the network provider and I need to reconfigure the internet settings of Hub 1

I will reset Hub 2 and set it up as a repeater (consequently) to increase the range of Hub 1

(jkp) #4

A hub v.2 can not be used as a repeater for either zigbee or zwave.

(Jitesh Shah) #5

For avoidance of doubt - i am referring to Samsung home connect, not the smartthings Hub

(Jimmy) #6

Ah, ok. Can’t say I have any experience with those. Believe you will have to use the SmartThings (Samsung Connect) app, though.

(Eric) #7

it’s a known issue that re-pairing all my devices will give heebie-jeebies, but not the jitters - that’s new.

(Dale Richter) #8

I was under the impression you could only have 1 Smartthings hub connected to a given network at any one time (more than one hub allowed but not at same location).

Are you able to see your old hub in the SmartThings IDE?

(Jitesh Shah) #9

Had to reset the hubs. The old hub could be seen in the IDE but the app wouldnt connect to it.

Thanks for the help anyways