I’m new to Smartthings so I hope I’m not asking some obvious newbie questions. I did search for answers here but couldn’t find the ones that would help me.
I recently set up my Smartthings hub with bunch of lights, switches and other stuff. Then I enabled the Smartthings skill in Alexa and everything was working perfect for few days.
But suddenly, my 3 Wemo bulbs no longer respond to Alexa voice commands and show up as “device unresponsive” in Alexa app. These bulbs are working fine in the Smartthings app with the Alexa smart app enabled.
Here’s what I’ve done so far to troubleshoot this issue:
- Disabled Smartthings skill in Alexa and re-enable it.
- Removed the Wemo bulbs from Smartthings and re-added.
- Reset the Wemo bulbs and rediscover them with Smartthings app.
- Changed the name of the Wemo bulb in Smartthigns app and rediscover it in the Alexa app (the bulbs with new names are discovered OK by Alexa but they still show up as “device unresponsive”).
- Logged out of Smartthings app and logged back in.
- Remove my Home location from the Smartthings app. Then set up the hub again with the Welcome code. This forces me to rediscover all my devices.
I’ve done a combination of all of the above and yet the Wemo bulbs are still showing up as “device unresponsive” and does not respond to Alexa voice commands.
They worked fine for few days so I know they can work but for some reason stopped working.
Anyone have any idea why this happened and how I can get these working again?
BTW, I contacted Smartthings support and all they provided me with is how to add Wemo bulbs to Smartthings. Since I’ve already done that and I have no issue adding these bulbs to the hub, support wasn’t much of a help.