Hello World! I’ve been lurking for a while, here’s my first post.
Greetings, I am building out a home security system with SmartThings and Smart Alarm (big thanks to @geko ). I am currently on the fence about building out a network of door / open close sensors on my windows and doors. Here’s a table of showing the costs of buying eleven sensors (gist markdown, this forum doesn’t support MD tables).
Please help me decide on whether to go with the SmartSense Multi or the EcoLink
Advantages of using SmartSense Multi’s:
- May sense motion in case of glass break
- Better design
- Pays for self in about one year1
- Allows for safer interior zones, where interior motion no longer need during armed-stay.
- Price: they’re 61% more expensive, nearly $600 total in my setup
- Temperature data marginally useful2
1 Using a basis of an ADT system costing $52.99 a month, it’d take a tad over 11 months to recovery that with ST.
2 Since they’re going to directly abut a window, the temperature reading may not be an accurate measure for room temperature.