If you haven’t gotten use to using the IDE, I suggest looking over a few threads on the community. I’m mobile at the moment, so I can’t recall some of my bookmarks, but it’s well worth your time. You’ll unleash a whole lot more from ST.
Here’s the basics for adding your own device type, just in case you haven’t done this before:
- Go to the developers section (link at top right of page). Click the link to check out the web-based IDE and login/create an account for the IDE.
- Go to the ‘My Device Types’ tab (navigation at the top).
- Click + New SmartDevice button on the right
- Choose the “From Code” tab
- Copy the code from the github link into this window (once at Github, choosing “Raw” button will give you just the code and can eliminate formatting and other weird copying issues)
- Paste the code and click “Create”. Then “Save”, Then “Publish” --> “For Me” (This device type is now available to you)
- Now click on the “My Devices” at the top and choose one of your sensors
- Click “Edit” in bottom left, then in the “Type” dropdown choose the new device type you just created and click update.
Here’s the GitHub code:
The device type is based off of ST’s standard Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor, and all I did was modify the main tile to use an icon.