Smartcam with smartthings control and automation

i have the smartthings hub and added the smartcam HD Pro … all i wanted to do is that when i “arm” my security and there is an intrusion (open sensor,etc) for the camera to start recording otherwise don’t record anything or just turn off.

if i turn off the camera from smartthings; it will get disconnected from smartthings but it won’t turn off or stop operating (as i can see it from smartcam app) and it will just act normal regardless of its status in smartthings.
my wish list for this setup is the following:

• if i’m away and there is an intrusion then start the camera and start recording.
  • if i’m home (security is off " disarm ") then just turn off the camera or at least don’t record or detect any motion.

is this doable ??

Connect your smartcam to a smart outlet. Control outlet on/off depending whether you are at home or not.

i thought about that but wouldn’t it be more efficient if the smartthings can take control the camera through a simple rule :

if (present is false) then enable motion detection (capturing video , sending notification…etc) , if present is true then disable “events or motion detection”.

it seems that smarththings can not take advantage of the smartcam features ?!?

I can’t see why you couldn’t’’ as I can with my Dlink cameras. I have it set so if the front door opens or unlocks the cam on the front door records. Same as the back door.

i just couldn’t figure out how to do that with smarthings + smartCam … its very simple and typical scenario ??? anyone have an idea ??

It’s in smart home security goto custom and create your own rule and you can make more then one. That’s were you can select cameras record when and all.

Thank you guys … you Rock :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working.