Smart Tiles Install please HELP

I consider myself fairly tech savvy but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to access my Smart Tiles dashboard on my PC or any device really. I clicked Install, it said in installed correctly so where is it? What am I missing? I was able to add it to the Smart Things app but I am completely lost . Really this should be easier…how about a link with Start here…here is your step by step guide…WTH.

2 Likes

Hi MB…

We’ve been negligent in prepping a step-by-step for SmartTiles because all our energy is in completing ActionTiles; which has all of its configuration web based, unlike SmartTiles which is configured within the standard SmartApp Preference pages inside the_ SmartThings mobile App. It’s functional, but a long ways from how easy it will be in ActionTiles.

Let me know if you can find the SmartTiles SmartApp inside SmartThings mobile App, and explore there.

Or hold out a little while longer for ActionTiles. It’s really revolutionary in terms of configuration user interface.

Thanks,
…Terry.

Thanks for the reply Terry. Looking forward to what you have in store for Action Tiles. I finally found the URL. I was confused because it wasn’t showing up in my Smart Things Smart Apps section online.

Thank you.

1 Like

The SmartThings mobile App and their API/IDE website has it’s own sprinkling of confusion, doesn’t it? I know I’m in a glass house, but, still; I guess we’re in “good company”.

To find your installed SmartApps in the IDE, you have to look under My Locations (instead of My SmartApps … that’s just the area you write or paste SmartApps in the editor for compiling and storage).