Smart thing server error

I cant connect a smart tag it said server error

1 Like

Hey there! @Anny_Reyes, Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you’re having issues connecting your Galaxy Smart Tag, I’d be happy to look into your concerns further. Can you confirm that you are running the latest version of the Smart Things App and the type of device you are using? You can check for updates to ensure you are running the latest version.

There are three ways that you are able to add the Galaxy Smart Tag, I would first recommend clearing the cache of your Smart Things Application for the server error that you received. You can do so using the Path way Settings>Apps>SmartThings>Storage>Clear Cache and Restart your mobile device on Andriod devices.

The available ways to connect your Galaxy Smart Tag are as follow;

1. Galaxy Smart Tag itself, Once the setup button is pressed is designed to be Auto Detected by the Smart Things Application and will display a pop-up in the application asking if you would like to add the device once discovered to your location.

2. If the pop-up does not appear, You can additionally Scan for Nearby New Devices or (+)Add Device > Samsung > Tag/Tracker> Select Galaxy Smart Tag or Search for your specific Model Code which will start with off as “Ei-T” based on the models color that you have.

3. You can additionally Scan the QR-Code that is located on the packaging for your Galaxy Smart Tag by using the “Scan QR Code”

If you are still unable to connect your Galaxy Smart Tag or the “sever error” persist, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:
US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell